PDA

View Full Version : help me find a good cleaner

specs
02-22-2006, 01:23 AM
gday all. im in need of a good chemical cleaner to prep the paint before i seal and or wax the car. i know a good portion of the votes will be to AIO, but after some research, i discovered it is slightly abrasive. im looking for a non abrasive paint cleaner that i can use on a constant basis, and not worry about it taking away at the clear coat, it comes thin from the dealer already.

thanks all!

:D

SVR
02-22-2006, 02:32 AM
Four Star Ultimate paint cleanser is perfect for this, hand or machine

It`s my favourite, I bought a big container of it. Lovely to use and restores the cc clarity really quick

specs
02-22-2006, 02:56 AM
thanks for the reply SVR. is it abrasive at all? i dont really need a cleaner that will hide, or remove swirls, but just a cleaner which will remove old sealants, or waxes. does it leave any oils behind?

sorry for all the questions.

imported_Neothin
02-22-2006, 08:16 AM
the abrasives in AIO (i never knew there were any to be truthful) are so light they really aren`t going to hurt anything even after many uses. if anything, swirl removing capability of AIO comes from pad choice.

specs
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
aio can remove some swirls so there are some abrasives. i think ill go to that as a last resort.

does rmg have enough cleaning properties to remove old sealants?

thanks again all.

JasonD
02-22-2006, 08:16 PM
No, RMG is a glaze and *adds* to the finish, not the other way around.

Your mildest paint cleaners, just to name a couple b/c there are so many, are products like Klasse AIO, P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, Sonus Paintwork Cleanser, Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, etc.

Some have oils, some do not. I, personally, have used both AIO and Sonus PWC, and both work excellent for your intended use.

imported_Neothin
02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
does PB`s pro polish have abrasives?

specs
02-22-2006, 09:39 PM
i was looking into that as well. can someone enlighten us about the pro polish?

chml17l
02-22-2006, 09:48 PM
does PB`s pro polish have abrasives?

As far as I know, PB`s Pro Polish is supposed to be chemical in nature and not contain abrasives.

I wouldn`t worry about the minor abrasives in AIO. It is mostly a chemical cleaner and I doubt you would harm anything by using it with any frequency.

Megs ColorX would be another good chemical cleaner although it may contain some very slight abrasives and is similar to AIO in that it leaves protection behind.

BigAl3
02-22-2006, 10:23 PM
colorx would be a good choice, and it`s pretty safe to use often. i was actually quite surprised on the results i got, when i used it for the first time (by pc). you can`t beat it for around $7 a bottle and available locally...

imported_MCA
02-22-2006, 10:39 PM
AIO, ColorX, and SEPC are my favorite chemical cleaners:

AIO - great cleaner and base for practically any LSP...my choice for going under sealants. Due to its versatility, I also use it to deep-clean my windows. I never noticed AIO removing any physical marring on my car, but this "trait" probably depends on paint hardness.

ColorX - great cleaner with extremely minor abrasives...I also use this as a one-stepper for my parents` vehicles since it leaves fairly decent protection behind. I top with a carnauba-based product all the time.

SEPC - mild cleaner but also hides/fills minor swirls...It`s like a cross between a cleaner and a glaze. I only top this with a carnauba as it is heavy in oils.

I hope this helps,

MCA