PDA

View Full Version : going mobile?

Mr.Magic
02-20-2006, 05:16 PM
I have a shop now and well the over head is just killing me. I have been thinking of going mobile and that may work fine in the summer but here in Washington from Nov. to March its cold out like low 20 to as low as sub zero. How do you Mobile guys work in the winter? I saw an add for a "detail dome" and that looked workable, but its $2500.00 can anyone give me a pointer or two? I would like to start a vip programe so I would only be working on excluseive customers in the area and I would need 50-100 customers a month. :help:

BigChevMan
02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I have a shop now and well the over head is just killing me. I have been thinking of going mobile and that may work fine in the summer but here in Washington from Nov. to March its cold out like low 20 to as low as sub zero. How do you Mobile guys work in the winter? I saw an add for a "detail dome" and that looked workable, but its $2500.00 can anyone give me a pointer or two? I would like to start a vip programe so I would only be working on excluseive customers in the area and I would need 50-100 customers a month. :help:

Ok..this is just a casual observation, but you claim you only have 3 things in your detailing arsenal, ocw, oc, and op. Given that in mind, going mobile should cut your costs significantly (to like 50 bucks a month if that). My only suggestion might be to be mobile during the warmer months and do a short term lease on a location for the winter. Or if you could do enough details during the summer to not have to work during the winter, that would be ideal. If you had a loyal following i`m sure they would have no problem bringing their car to you during the winter instead of you coming to them.

Mr.Magic
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks BIG and yes its true I only use the three main products but I also have the car wash and the rinse less wash or QD. I also have a Dry vapor steamer and and hot water power washer (3500psi) and a 1000psi in the shop. But as far as wax and polish i have only the three products and a clay bar. but thanks for the in put.