PDA

View Full Version : Which would you prefer? NXT or Zaino?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SilverLexus
02-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I`m curious about something. I would like to find out which you would choose if you had the choice based solely on looks and durability.

Please don`t include price or availability since that might bias the results. Thanks.

Why did you choose the product you did?

Thanks for voting! :xyxthumbs

ZaneO
02-20-2006, 05:14 PM
NXT has a nice appearance but very poor durability.

Zaino has a nice appearance and very good durability.

It`s a no-brainer (unless you need filling ability).

imported_Neothin
02-20-2006, 08:33 PM
for lighter colors I`d go with Zaino. for darker colors and metallics, NXT gets the nod. If durability is the first concern, Zaino all the way.

what option should I choose :confused:

Tasty
02-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Is this even a fair comparison? Average OTC product compared with what many people regard as the ultimate. I use NXT, but I know nothing about Zaino except that it is expensive.

SilverLexus
02-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Is this even a fair comparison?

Yes, since these are the two top waxes on the Lexus forum. I wondered what members here thought.

JoeJ
02-20-2006, 11:07 PM
depends on the color and condition of the paint really. On a lighter color I would go with zaino. A dark color or paint in need of some fillers I would go with NXT. Thats merely from an appearance stand point though. If durability is a large concern its Z products all the way.

imported_Bence
02-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I have NO durability problems with NXT. True, I have the improved new paste. Easy three months durability. It was stripped at that point, so I don`t know how long would it take. It cleans, fills and darkens considerably, so both have their places in my arsenal.

Scottwax
02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
The paste and the new (VOC compliant) liquid versions of NXT are pretty durable. Zaino seems to last longer but I prefer the look of NXT more. Since I don`t mind waxing every 3 months, I`ll go with NXT.

Mad iX
02-21-2006, 12:32 AM
The Zaino system (Z5/Z2Pro/Z8) kills the NXT system (NXT wax/spray wax/speed detailer) in my opinion.

NXT has good durability for me, but Zaino is better still.

Looks-wise like any other wax, is all preference.

Tough choice. I have both, and always will.

drewski59
02-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Zaino all the way for any color...

NXT is great for an OTC product, but the durability AND looks can`t match Z!!

Z is expensive, but you get what you pay for:D

Rolla
02-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I still have the older Zaino at my house. It worked well, BUT I hate the 30 mins I used to have to wait. And I did not want to pay extra for that ZFX or whatever stuff... I still have it and use it on the black Solara. Matter of fact, I just shook them yesterday :D... I have a brand new bottle of Z5 left as well that I debate selling everytime I see it :D...

NXT works well and is cheap. Plus with bad prep, NXT looks better... Whereas Zaino just tends to show defect more.

I personally do not think it is a fair comparison...

stilez
02-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Zaino all the way for any color...

NXT is great for an OTC product, but the durability AND looks can`t match Z!!

Z is expensive, but you get what you pay for:D

Ditto......

JJ_
02-21-2006, 09:23 AM
hmm tough one, I have a dark metallic blue which is kind of purple too. When I first started it was NXT ALL the time, I have never tried zaino but I have seen some detailed with the product.

The NXT I have which is the old formula lasts 2/3 weeks tops but I hear good things about the new one, plus it smells great and is super easy to use. I dont actually use NXT at all just now but you guys may have just nudged me back to it again.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the old and the new? barcode wise etc?

cwcad
02-21-2006, 09:37 AM
All things considered I will take Zaino hands down. As far as it being expensive it may seem expensive but the thin coats and the length of the durability seem to negate the expense for me.

One of the reasons that I started using Z2Pro was to see how good a surface I could prepare. Zaino made me work for a good finish. I have to admit that Z5 is fast becoming my friend. Because of its hiding capabilities. I know...I am getting lazy. I have polished so much that I am beginning to worry about clear coat failure. :nervous2:

JaCkaL829
02-21-2006, 09:46 AM
NXT has a nice appearance but very poor durability.

Zaino has a nice appearance and very good durability.

It`s a no-brainer (unless you need filling ability).

Wouldn`t Z5 fit the bill because it has fillers in it, making it more comparable to NXT than Z2?

I haven`t used either so I didn`t vote, but from what I read on the forums it seems like Zaino is greater than NXT in the durability department, and appearance relies heavily on the prep. I know this kinda OT, but I`ve been pretty happy with #21 which is suppose to be like NXT and #20 combined.