PDA

View Full Version : Which would you prefer? NXT or Zaino?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JustinR32
02-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Both are great.

If I had either one, I wouldn`t switch to the other. Since I have the NXT, that`s what I voted for.

Tom

buzzb
02-21-2006, 11:06 AM
NXT looked good but had horrible durability (2-3 weeks tops). If I wanted that, I`d use Pinnacle or P21S carnauba wax every time.

Zaino- excellent looks and excellent durability. No contest in my opinion but that was using the previous version of NXT as I hear it`s been re-formulated.

BigAl3
02-21-2006, 11:09 AM
NXT as I hear it`s been re-formulated.

i was curious... so i just called megs customer service, and they said that it has not been re-formulated. :nixweiss

Scottwax
02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
i was curious... so i just called megs customer service, and they said that it has not been re-formulated. :nixweiss

I was at the Dallas Meguiars training class this past Saturday and Mike Phillips says NXT was tweaked for VOC compliance and that did improve durability.

BigAl3
02-21-2006, 11:48 AM
I was at the Dallas Meguiars training class this past Saturday and Mike Phillips says NXT was tweaked for VOC compliance and that did improve durability.

hmm... maybe the cs reps weren`t informed? how can you tell the old from the new? :nixweiss

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10468&highlight=reformulated+nxt

Scottwax
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
hmm... maybe the cs reps weren`t informed? how can you tell the old from the new? :nixweiss

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10468&highlight=reformulated+nxt

I have no idea. Since VOC regulations went into affect in 2005 and it is now 13 months later, I`d guess pretty much anything on the shelves now would be the new stuff. My understanding is the paste version was VOC compliant from the start.

imported_Picus
02-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Looks like as on CL, people here have varying opinions. :)

sQuashed
02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I prefer the look of NXT over Z. Durability is not a concern.

RedondoV6
02-23-2006, 02:25 AM
No brainer for me, based on the question as asked ..... Zaino all the way. No questions!

What is worse about Zaino? Availability, price (inc shipping) and lack of product availability in larger sizes.

SilverLexus
02-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Very interesting results so far. NXT did better than I expected.

imported_memnuts
02-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Zaino has superior appearance and unsurpassed protection and durability. This durability includes maintaining that "just waxed" appearance thru out the life of the protection. NXT seems to fade in luster after the oils/silicones dissipate. The NXT`s ancillary products are not even in the same league as Zaino`s Z6 and Z8.

With the advent of the Z2PRO and soon to come Z5PRO a sealant appearance now competes with the short-term wax competition in terms of wetness, depth and gloss on nicely prep finish.

No time to prep, you are better off using NXT (mild polishes and fillers) and just wax more often.

sha4000
02-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Looks like as on CL, people here have varying opinions. :)

looks pretty close to the CL vote, i personally use the NXT and have no problem with it being that im new to this detailing stuff but i have used the zaino swirl remover and it was great just a hassle to order and wait for it to arrive

imported_Picus
02-23-2006, 10:19 AM
looks pretty close to the CL vote, i personally use the NXT and have no problem with it being that im new to this detailing stuff but i have used the zaino swirl remover and it was great just a hassle to order and wait for it to arrive

Right - that`s what I`m sayin`. People have varying opinions on detailing products, even if they make little or no sense to people who don`t share those opinions. For a dedicated Zaino user NXT might seem like a bad choice because of poor durability, subjectively bad looks etc... But for a lot of people it looks good and it definitely serves a purpose with it`s heavy use of fillers. Not everyone takes the time we all do to make sure their car is mirror smooth all the time.

I think they`re both good products.

imported_memnuts
02-23-2006, 10:25 AM

Your Zaino order should arrive in one day from New Jersey via UPS.

Sure beats sitting in NYC traffic heading to WalMart. ;)

gbackus
02-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Never mind.