PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of magazines.

Porkanbeans
02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I have a TON of magazines from the last 5 years or so. Car and Driver since 2001, Motor Trend since 2003, and Truckin` since 2000. They are all in decent condition. I love reading them, but they simply have accumulated way too much. I was about to throw them out, but then I realized I could get some money for them. What would be my best bet to sell these things? There has to be some junkie out there who wants them, right?

Thanks.

Bill D
02-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Try Ebay Motors. If it`s not a go, I`d do what I`d did and weed through them, keep the ones with the most noteworthy articles, and feel good about making an ample contribution to recycling.

imported_Aurora40
02-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Look for ones with some notable car. It doesn`t have to be some super exotic, just something niche. Then put it on eBay as the magazine that has an article about that car. That`s what I`d suggest. I imagine you could get $5 per magazine plus a dollar or two shipping for ones that have a review people will want. But keep in mind they aren`t so old that they are hard to find. Back issues of stuff from 2001+ may still be available from the publisher.

Porkanbeans
02-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Ebay was my first thought too but, after browsing for auctions, I think people are only moving on new backissues and subscriptions. I don`t think it`s worth the hassle to deal with having to ship them or something.

I think I`ll go pick out the good ones and dump the rest at the recycle bin.

mdsmithers
02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Library might take em or http://atlanta.craigslist.org/ list em for free and give them to someone who would enjoy em.

imported_KevinA
02-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Doctor office waiting rooms? :nixweiss

kpounds
02-21-2006, 07:01 AM
Could donate them to a local thrift shop and get a tax deduction or donate them to a local hospital. I noticed at our hospital there were lots of women`s magazines, but a shortage of good men`s magazines.