PDA

View Full Version : Dryless Wash

Josh1
02-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I was reading on the SVT forums about people using special filters that let them wash the car with drying because the water would not leave spots. Is this good to use? I am thinking of trying it out since I hate drying and think that is were you get lots of your scratches on your paint from.

White95Max
02-19-2006, 03:54 PM
You`ll only get "lots of your scratches" from drying if you`re using towels that are too coarse. These people are talking about either using a water softening filter on the hose, or a product called the Mr Clean Auto Dry Wash. It uses a filtration canister on the end of your hose, which removes minerals from your water. My neighbor down the street rinses his black F150 off with one every day in the warmer months. I`ve never seen his paint up close though so I can`t really say how well it works. I`ve seen my neighbors do plenty of weird things on their cars before.

imported_gusbubba
02-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I`ve seen my neighbors do plenty of weird things on their cars before.

They`re probably thinking the same thing about YOU ! :nixweiss :chuckle:

:waxing:

White95Max
02-19-2006, 04:33 PM
You got me there! :lol I can still remember when my neighbors drove by when I was scrubbing my intake manifold with a toothbrush and APC...

DuMouixe
02-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I`d like to get a dedicated macine which can be kept clean, smaller, with a bag, keep it wiped down, also a smaller engine heats up faster, giving better drying, yeah, swirls and marring are inevitable it seems.

"You sure do spend alot of time keeping that car pretty." one neighbor says. Everytime I put a hose within 20 feet of my car, this old man appears and starts razzing me about it, like there is something wrong with having any singular part of your vehicle clean, what a broom handle!!, I haven`t said anything disparaging to him, but I am about to tell his daughter he`s staying with that he`s being a pain. )) rant. I`ve just driven 200 miles of rain in the past 2 days, so, I`m thinking, maybe I`d like spend 20 minutes on a Sunday morning cleaning my wheels without a neighbors commentary. why, do people feel obligated to give their opinions??

White95Max
02-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Spray the old man with a foam gun. He`ll stay away after that. ;)

WSUcommuter
02-19-2006, 07:18 PM
--------------------------------

:lol

WSUcommuter
02-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Spray the old man with a foam gun. He`ll stay away after that. ;)

-----------------------------------

:LOLOL

pt91
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Just can`t stop laughing at the that picture in my head :rofl :rofl :rofl

imported_Neothin
02-19-2006, 10:00 PM
anyways, autogeek recently started seling an inline filter system on their website. I was talking with matt last night and he said that he got to take one of their deluxe kits home and play around with it for a while. He washed his Z28 and rinsed it off and just let it dry in the FL afternoon sun. He came out a few hours later to find that he only had a few faint rings here and there. My interest is peaked :D

The Big Kahuna
02-21-2006, 04:01 PM
There are filters that produce de-ionized water which do not need to be dried after washing, similar to the mr clean system. I have a CR-Spotless filter which works fine, but is pricey to buy and use. I only use it on my custom Harley which has way too much chrome. Try doing a forum search on "de ionized water" or "cr spotless" and you will find a lot of info.

Shelbrain
02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Are you referring to products such as these?

http://www.topoftheline.com/spotfrewatfi.html

Joshua312
02-21-2006, 04:38 PM
I think they may be reffering to this filter: http://www.autogeek.net/clinhofianda.html

Mikeyc
02-21-2006, 04:47 PM
I had a Mr. Clean. I wasn`t terribly impressed. Each time I used it there seemed to be more and more water spotting and I don`t even have hard water. I think the filter just is short lived.

Personally, I would rather just dry my car. I`ve never had a problem with marring from drying and it`s much cheaper than constantly replacing a filter cartridge. If I had hard water or a black car I might be singing a different tune though.