PDA

View Full Version : QD after Touchless Wash...

Diesel917
02-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Is it safe to use a QD like EO Spray and Wipe after running through a touchless car wash??? I ran my dark blue car through one yesterday and can now see tons of smears and streaks all over the vertical panels... Would it be safe to use a QD to remove these bady boys or is it going to induce unneccessary marring??? Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
02-19-2006, 12:24 PM
It really depends what those smears and streaks are. If they are laden with grit, they are very possibly going to induce marring into your black(?) paint, if you aren`t careful. If it is just some detergent residue, you should be fine with the QD. One of the non-rinsing (QEW, ONRWS) or waterless (S&W) washes may give you a better shot at not marring. Do it now, it`s 29 and it won`t freeze right now if the car is in the sun!

Neo62381
02-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Touchless car washes are notorious to not get the car completely clean. Most of the time they leave a residue of dirt behind! There is no way that I`d ever wipe anything over my paint after going through a touchless, because I know I`d be causing a lot of un-nescessary damage. However, if I had to, I`d make sure that I had a good quality QD, and nothing over the counter.

Big Leegr
02-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, as the others said, you`d need some cleaners to help prevent marring. S+W would be your best bet for a quick fix, IMO. (unless you wanted to carry a bucket with you to the wash.)

gb387
02-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I would never QD after only a touch-less, the touch-less car washes don`t work all that well not worth the risk.

imported_chpsk8
02-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Don`t QD, instead QEW. After a touchfree gets all the gritty stuff off the QEW process is a snap. Odds are the QD will do more damage than good.