PDA

View Full Version : Need some scratch removal in MA

ET Awful
02-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Had a full detail done, and was very pleased, with one exception, he couldn`t get a few scratches out that were on the hood.

Now I can`t feel these with a fingernail, so I`m guessing they`re not very deep.

Anyone willing to take a look and see what they can accomplish?

I`m not looking for a whole car detail, hopefully just something that can get these scratches in the hood out.

If anyone thinks they can get them out, please PM me.

Thanks.

holland_patrick
02-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Mass is a pretty big state where abouts?

ALso :showpics

ET Awful
02-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Assuming they show up in a photograph that is :).

I`m in Lowell, MA to answer your question.

Whether the scratches are visible depends entirely on the lighting. Yesterday I could see them clearly under flourescent light, in my parking garage today, under dimmer flourescents I couldn`t see it. In the sun I can.

I`ll try to get pictures tomorrow.

Luxury Details
02-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I am very happy that you are please sorry i couldnt do anyting about the scratches i tried and i just didnt wanna do it so much that it might burn the paint since the clear coats are so thing nowadays.

Look forward to doing business with you in the future and be sure to tell ur friends!

Ill post some pics that were taken!

Thanks Again

ET Awful
02-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Like I said, was very pleased overall (especially once I saw it in the sun yesterday).

And, in the sun, those scratches all but vanish. It`s more a mental thing than anything else at this point :). Your flourescent lights in the bay make the scratches show up much more than under any other light.

As far as depth and wetness of the shine, I`m very pleased :).

Remember me talking about how that car traps water? Even with all the blowing with air, etc., I still had water running out of the mirrors, etc. by the time I got home. I just grabbed the Meguiars quick detailer I had inside though and went back over those little spots, turned out great.

I also did a quick run over all the plastic/vinyl panels with some Meguiars cleaner/protectant.

You do good work!

Thanks again!

You did accomplish one of my main goals which was to make the reflection from the paint so deep that you almost can`t tell where the paint ends and the glass begins :)

I actually meant to bring my camera with me to get before and afters, but I left it sitting on the tripod at home. . . oh well.

Oh, and I do have a lady I work with I might send down your way. She has a `98 Pontiac she plans on keeping for a good long while, and it needs the works.