PDA

View Full Version : How to fix this really nasty dent?

CletusTheDwarf
02-18-2006, 08:54 AM
I washed my car yesterday and found this really nasty paint chip above the left rear wheel:

Big chip (http://www-personal.umich.edu/~evanhaas/chip1.jpg)

I need to fix this is one way or another. I already have some subaru touchup paint, but i was wondering if langka will do the job? Or is this too big of a chip for langka to work very well? Has anyone had any success or failure using langka with the thin subaru paint?

CletusTheDwarf
02-19-2006, 08:04 AM
anyone have some input?

imported_Neothin
02-19-2006, 08:12 AM
wow.. that`s a nasty chip :( I wouldn`t use the touchup that you got at the dealership. Those paints are normally very thick and difficult to get into the chip without it blobbing. Go to a good local paint shop and have them make you some properly thinned touchup. I think that chip may be to big as you`ve said though. I don`t know if you`re going to be able to have it look perfect again, but certainly it will look better than it does now :D

CletusTheDwarf
02-19-2006, 08:52 AM
well the dealer touchup paint from the dealer is supposed to be blobby, that`s where the langka comes in. i don`t need it to be perfect, just better than this and no rust.

p3passat
02-19-2006, 08:57 AM
It appears to me that the chip has gone past the primer and into the metal - very nasty. The first thing you should do is sand the metal very slightly and apply some sort of primer, this will prevent rust forming and causing more of your $$$ to go down the bin. As for the repair id go with neo - have some thinned metallic paint made up for you and apply it in THIN coats. It wont be perfect but it should help considerably.