PDA

View Full Version : My toughest detail

Lowejackson
02-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Last Saturday my father in law suddenly died, two days before his sister and brother were killed whilst on holiday in California.

John (father in law) always liked a clean car and took at to the car wash every two days and every now and then he would bring it to me to polish out all the swirls caused by the car wash.

Johns car will be returned next week to the lease company so this afternoon I washed and polished it one last time. After a rather tough week I was amazed at how hard it was to empty all of Johns possessions from the car and clean it. With tears streaming down my face I washed, polished with SFX and finished with VM & EXP. The interior will be done tomorrow as I simply could not finish the car. The paintwork has never looked better and I am sure John would be proud of his shinny car but I am not looking forward to completing the job.

The reason for writing this? Purely selfish and therapeutic.

Thanks for your help over the years John.

Steven

John McCormick RIP

SpoiledMan
02-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I`m sorry for your loss but I`m glad that I could listen.

azf100
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
sorry for your loss, its good to be able to express yourself somewhere

klnyc
02-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Woa! :(

Sorry to heard that.

imported_gusbubba
02-17-2006, 08:46 PM
It`s tough , I know.

I lost my sister in August (she was 37)...3 days after my wedding.

My brother-in-law just now brought her car out of storage for maintenance

and asked if I could clean it up........I couldn`t do it. :(

My condolences for your loss and hope you can find some small comfort

among the members of this community.

Smoked Tails
02-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Steven, I`m really sorry to hear about your loss. I think we are all very fortunate to have a community like this where we can share all of our times, both good and bad, with each other. I think that`s what sets us apart from some of the other sites out there. I don`t know you, but if you ever need anything, just let me know. I`m in Suffolk and I would be more than willing to assist you in any way you need.

RIP John.

Mr.Concours
02-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

I am sure he would be proud that you have detailed his car,and bet he would feel it appropriate you honor his memory in this way.

Anthony O.
02-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you though for sharing it with us all.

Take care,

Anthony

Super
02-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss

Lowejackson
02-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you though for sharing it with us all.

Take care,

Anthony

Thanks, I was very reluctant to write this post as I had already made a reference to the car accident last week and I was concerned that it might be seen as either a double posting or a crude attempt to gain sympathy

Thank you for all the other comments as well

Steven