PDA

View Full Version : Karcher 2000 Pressure Washer

CharlesW
02-16-2005, 04:01 PM
My wife thought our local Menard`s had a Karcher gas powered 2000 lb. pressure washer on sale for less than $200.
Sounds like an awfully good price and I intend to check it out.

My reason for posting:
Is the Karcher a good machine for occasional use?
It would be used to clean wheel wells (fairly often), clean a wood deck (rarely), boat bottoms (yearly).

Charles

Mark Waldron
02-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I`ve owned and operated the Karcher 2500 for about 6 months and it`s been very dependable. I always do the recommended oil changes and use stabilizer in the gas as a precaution. I`ve owned pressure washers that cost twice as much and give me the same results I get owning this much less expensive unit. I don`t know what the major differences are between the construction of the 2000 vs 2500, but so far I`ve been very happy. I also like purchasing from Menards because I`ve always felt they really take care of their customers and wouldn`t hesitate to rectify any problem you would find with the machine.

CharlesW
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Thanks Mark.
Considering the fact that as a professional detailer, your unit has probably seen more use than the one I buy will in the entire time I own and use it, the Karcher can`t be all that bad.
I had been considering a Husky 1750 lb. unit at Home Depot for about $135, but it seemed like the Karcher might be more versatile. :dunno

Charles

Mark Waldron
02-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Charles,

I owned the Husky 1750 psi before I bought the Karcher and it didn`t hold up that well for daily detailing. The electrical cord was a pain in the butt and the hose and wand weren`t nearly as well made as the Karcher. I also like the fact the Karchers hose is much longer so the machine can be placed in one spot, where it can stay, without having to move it around. If you are using the machine just occasionally, either machine would work fine, but I would give the Karcher the edge for overall quality and performance. I also don`t like Home Depot. I`ve always got the impression they are doing me a favor shopping with them. That`s a big no-no with me!

CharlesW
02-16-2005, 11:29 PM
I don`t know what the major differences are between the construction of the 2000 vs 2500, but so far I`ve been very happy.Well, I think I found one Big difference in the 2 units. The 2500 has a Honda engine, the 2000 has a Tecumseh. The 2500 is also a lot more money and for my infrequent use, probably more than I want to spend.

Charles

CharlesW
02-16-2005, 11:46 PM
I had been considering a Husky 1750 lb. unit at Home Depot for about $135, but it seemed like the Karcher might be more versatile. :dunno
The Husky 1750 elctric is $135 + $25 shipping at the Home Depot on-line store. It is $169 at the local store.
The Karcher 2000 is $199.95 at Menards. For $30 more money, the Karcher seems like a better buy.
Maybe I will just keep scrubbing the wheel wells and the boats with my hand powered brush. :D

Charles

mgm2003
02-17-2005, 08:51 AM
I have the Home Depot Husky, and it and problems in under 20 hours of use (not saying that all will). The reason I mention this, is because you have to deal with Husky for repair issues, and IMO they have sub-par customer service & support. http://www.huskypowerwasher.com/

CharlesW
02-17-2005, 10:21 AM
It looks like at least a couple of people have had less than great results with the Husky 1750 so it is now off my list.
If I keep researching this long enough, my buying impulse may go away and I can save some money,:D

Charles

Woob
02-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Hmmm guess going cheap won`t be resourceful. The only trouble I see is how do you move a gas power washer? Pricing I`m guessing is $200 and up. Any good suggestions for electric? Even though I`ve heard gas are alot more reliable.

Mark Waldron
02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Moving the gas vs electric is the same. I throw mine in the back of my truck. My gas pw has wheels and the handle has 2 wingnuts that let me take it off . I believe a good quality electric pw will cost quite a bit more than the Husky version. TOL carries one and it looks like a commercial grade unit. I also owned the Black Cat pw that I bought from Menards. It was junk. The Husky was much better. Also, the Karcher 2500 I bought has the Tecumsun motor and not the Honda. I bought it on sale at Menards for $239.

CharlesW
02-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Moving the gas vs electric is the same. I throw mine in the back of my truck. My gas pw has wheels and the handle has 2 wingnuts that let me take it off . I believe a good quality electric pw will cost quite a bit more than the Husky version. TOL carries one and it looks like a commercial grade unit. I also owned the Black Cat pw that I bought from Menards. It was junk. The Husky was much better. Also, the Karcher 2500 I bought has the Tecumsun motor and not the Honda. I bought it on sale at Menards for $239.So, if I wait for a Menard`s sale, I might be able to get the Karcher 2500 for only another $39.:D
Those are famous last words in our household, "It`s only $10, $20, $30, $100 more."
Yeah, right, I`ve "It`s only`d" myself till I`m about broke.:)

Charles

Mark Waldron
02-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Lol!!