PDA

View Full Version : Killing the alcohol myth....

wannafbody
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
MYTH- Alcohol will remove Zaino........ I was transferring some Z2 Pro to another bottle and decided to clean the old bottle with rubbing alcohol-no dice the Z2Pro just stuck to the side of the bottle. I then tried Dawn and water and it still stuck to the side. Is there anyway to clean the bottle?

Bill D
02-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Try some naphtha ( lighter fluid). That ought to nuke most polishes and sealants but may be not necessarily 1,2,3 and you`re done. Give it a little time to work if it doesn`t remove it instantly.

06E90
02-17-2006, 02:54 PM
maybe acetone?

Bill D
02-17-2006, 03:04 PM
I`d be afraid acetone might be too strong of a solvent. I`d stick with the naphtha for starters. This thread reminds me to inspect all of my polish bottle caps since I periodically clean them with a toothbrush dipped with the naphtha.

Setec Astronomy
02-17-2006, 03:22 PM
That Z2 Pro is about impossible to get out of the bottle. Z5 is no problem with a little Dawn. Bill, I`m not sure why you think acetone would be too strong; it shouldn`t have any effect on the poly bottle. I personally haven`t used any solvents to wash out a Z2 Pro/ZFX bottle, the couple times I have used it I have mechanically cleaned it (paper towel), but may try some sort of solvent next time.

Bill D
02-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Anyone with access to a steamer and the solvent of choice didn`t work, try blasting the bottle with that, especially in the case of plugged caps :D

imported_memnuts
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Isopropyl alcohol will removed cured Z polishes. :think2

To clean the mixing bottle(s), I just use a drop or two of Dawn and warm water mixture in mixing bottles and shake and allow them to sit overnight or a few hours. Re-shake and dump solution. Stuff some paper towel in the bottle, twist and turn and the bottle is sufficiently clean for next usage. :hifive:

This method also works for Z5PRO(beta). :spot

Bill D
02-17-2006, 03:54 PM
A good example of letting the product do the work for you :up

wannafbody
02-17-2006, 06:14 PM

To clean the mixing bottle(s), I just use a drop or two of Dawn and warm water mixture in mixing bottles and shake and allow them to sit overnight or a few hours. Re-shake and dump solution. Stuff some paper towel in the bottle, twist and turn and the bottle is sufficiently clean for next usage. :hifive:

This was just Z2Pro- UNMIXED.

White95Max
02-17-2006, 06:37 PM
If you`re talking about removing leftover residue from the inside of a bottle, I wouldn`t expect a quick rinse with ISO to remove it. You`re looking at a much thicker "layer" than you could ever get on a car. So just because you weren`t able to remove the product from the inside of the bottle, doesn`t mean it won`t remove an application of Z2 from the car.

SilverLexus
02-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I would just buy another bottle. They are $0.79 each for 2 ounce bottles at The Container Store.

wannafbody
02-17-2006, 07:26 PM
I actually filled the bottle with ISO and it didn`t remove the residue-I used GOOF-OFF and it cleaned the bottle instantly-then I rised it with Dawn

petraidm
02-18-2006, 06:47 AM

I use the same method except you don`t need to let it sit overnight.

1) Couple of drops of dawn / warm water

2) Shake vigorously

3) Empty & Repeat

4) Rinse with warm water

5) Stuff Paper towel and Twist