PDA

View Full Version : Florecent lighting..Question

rundatrack
02-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Does it really show everything...I mean there are times that you think things are fine under certain lighting and you go in the sunlight and your like :beat .....

I am getting three 8 footers for my garage and I wanted to know if the car looks good under that lighting then the sunlight will not have me wanted to jump off a bridge...?

truzoom
02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
I think the general rule is more light will allow you to get a clearer picture of the actual surface of the paint. For some reason whenever I go to the gas station at night my truck looks flawless, although I`m not sure if the lights are fluorescent or halogen, but I suppose they`re both a white-ish light so it wouldn`t be a big difference.

MS22
02-16-2005, 03:17 PM
The more light the better, IMO. This past summer I rewired and added lights to our detatched 2 car garage. There is a total of 9 4ft. doubles, 18 bulbs in all. Great environment to work in, shows all.

Bob
02-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I don`t think they show everything. Sometimes, when I had my black car, it would look perfect under all of my fluorescents and then under my halogen work lights or the sun I could see things I missed in the garage. There is supposed to be a certain bulb that works great though for fluorescent fixtures but I forget what it was called now.

tubafeak
02-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Different lights will show different things, sunlight shows swirls, flourescent shows scratches, night makes cars look amazing. I like night, but having each kind of light available really helps.

doublel
02-16-2005, 04:31 PM
What Bob said is correct they don`t show everything. I have 6 twin 8 footers in my 2 car garage and also incadescents. The incadescents will show swirls that I don`t see with the florecents. You can`t just rely on florecents for spotting all flaws.

truzoom
02-16-2005, 06:35 PM
I have also seen a special light used whenever I took my truck to the dealership when I first got it because it seemed to have heavy scratches on the door (there weren`t; I was just paranoid). The guy had this pen light with a really bright, although not white, light on it that highlighted all the imperfections on the paint.

rundatrack
02-17-2005, 10:40 AM
I don`t think they show everything. Sometimes, when I had my black car, it would look perfect under all of my fluorescents and then under my halogen work lights or the sun I could see things I missed in the garage. There is supposed to be a certain bulb that works great though for fluorescent fixtures but I forget what it was called now.

Hopefully the person at home depot knows the light that your talkiong about..even though I know that they are going to yes me to death :angry :angry

Bob
02-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Hopefully the person at home depot knows the light that your talkiong about..even though I know that they are going to yes me to death :angry :angry

I just tried searchign and can not find it now. If I do I will let you know.