PDA

View Full Version : Need help for 81 Fiat Spider 2000

Rolla
02-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok so there is a red 81 Fiat Spider 2000 Convertible, I wanted to know if it has single stage paint?

I searched since I thought I saw someone detail one, guess I was wrong. I think it was an MB...

But yes if anyone has experience with the paint, please let me know.

Thank You!

BobD
02-17-2006, 10:56 AM
One way you can tell is to take some polish and a microfiber towel and rub it on the paint (I recommend a light polish). If the paint color comes off on the towel then it is single stage paint.

Accumulator
02-17-2006, 11:03 AM
IF it`s original paint then it`s single stage. Big "if" though. Try what Danase suggested and find out for sure. It won`t really make much difference though, except that ss cuts easier (so use mild polishes and be careful on thin/high spots!) and it transfers a lot of pigment to your pads (so don`t panic when you see all that red paint). Some ss really respond well to the glaze/carnauba route too. But other than that it`s all just paint ;)

Rolla
02-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys! Will find out on Sunday!

Lowejackson
02-17-2006, 12:14 PM
If the paint is original it is probably SS but a lot of these cars have been resprayed

Jowlz
02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
If the paint is original it is probably SS but a lot of these cars have been resprayed

These cars had paint/rust issues. I would be very surprised if its original. I had a silver/red spyder. The silver faded badly in just a few years. That was sitting in the garage.