PDA

View Full Version : waterspots....

Envious Eric
02-16-2006, 02:42 PM
whats the best way to get these things out....the whole passenger side is covered...and the white claybar from meguires is not working at all.....even with about 40 passes on the same spot with lots of lube....HELP

imported_chpsk8
02-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Can you post some pictures?

Can you feel them with your fingernail?

Could they be under a layer of paint protection?

brwill2005
02-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Bad water spots can be very difficult to remove, even with a rotary polisher and a powerful polish/leveler. In some cases, wet sanding is necessary to completely remove the spots.

Envious Eric
02-16-2006, 04:25 PM
I dont have that great of a camera to take some pics of it....but I cant feel them, but then have been there for like 5 days max....I guess I will just try to polish them out with a DA and meguires #83....I am also going to pick up yellow clay bar and see if that works better....

any other products I should look into getting for watermarks in particular??? for future cases on other cars....

White95Max
02-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Klasse AIO. I`ve removed hard water spots that were YEARS old with AIO and a 4" cutting pad. I prefer using cleaners to remove water spots rather than clay.

imported_memnuts
02-16-2006, 05:29 PM
If these are true waterspots (mineral deposits) and not etching, try straight white vinegar on a MF and allow to dwell.

Most likely you will need to polish out these non-etched waterspots. AIO, Meg#83, Zaino Z-PC or any mild reducing polish will work.

Hope this helps. :wavey

imported_Neothin
02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Klasse AIO. I`ve removed hard water spots that were YEARS old with AIO and a 4" cutting pad. I prefer using cleaners to remove water spots rather than clay.

I agree with ^

AIO has taken care of any waterspotting i`ve ever thrown at it. Granted I`ve had to sometimes run up the pad agressiveness to a 4" cutting like maxy has, but the spots WERE removed. When it comes to etching though, AIO can`t touch that. You have to use an abrasive.