PDA

View Full Version : My aim is durability

Pages : [1] 2

96GSR
02-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi..haven`t been on here in a long time, so long that I forgot my username and got a new one. Anyways, I have a new Pilot. Haven`t washed it yet, but when I do I want to apply the most durable, longest lasting sealant I can to the paint. I do have the Klasse Sealant Glaze. I have used this on my other car and it does seem very durable, if a little difficult to apply...that stuff can be so difficult to buff off. Any other suggestions on a product that might be superior in durability and easier application?

SpoiledMan
02-16-2006, 07:18 AM
Welcome back!

For a carnauba, Collinite 845. For a sealant, Zaino Z2 Pro.

titsataki
02-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Zaino Z2 pro, FMJ are good. My wife has a black Pilot and I used Menzerna FP II and topped with Zaino and seems to be hold quite well. I also have Klasse AIO but I tried to put it on with my PC and a finishing pad and I was not impressed by the way it looked. So I switched to Zaino. Only pain with Zaino is that you need to mix with ZFX at least the first time so it is bit cumbesome. This weekend I am going to top it again with Zaino and crack open my new FK425. We will see how it looks.

Cheers

Nick

docker
02-16-2006, 07:46 AM
All these suggestions are good. I don`t yet have any of the Z or Menz product but I hear tons of good stuff about them. A few times I have used KSG and think highly of that as well.

For my daily driver (150+ miles daily) the most important thing for me is also durability, so I use primarily use UPP & UPPS, and have been very happy with these.

96GSR
02-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks. Might try the Zaino. So I need the Z2 PRo as well as the ZFX. Hope this stuff is easy off. That damn Klasse stuff proved to be difficult to remove. So I can do 2-3 coats one right after the other with Z2 and ZFX..that`s a plus. Get it done in one day and let it ride for 4-6 months, with regulary washings.

sQuashed
02-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks. Might try the Zaino. So I need the Z2 PRo as well as the ZFX. Hope this stuff is easy off. That damn Klasse stuff proved to be difficult to remove. So I can do 2-3 coats one right after the other with Z2 and ZFX..that`s a plus. Get it done in one day and let it ride for 4-6 months, with regulary washings.

In a perfect world, this would be great. There`s alot of variables to expect 4-6 months of solid protection.

96GSR
02-16-2006, 09:38 AM
True. We`ll see how it goes. The car is garage kept and driven about 12K a year. I live in the south, so not much in the way of road salts, sand, etc here.

ZaneO
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Hope this stuff is easy off.

As long as you apply *thin* coats, you should have no trouble removing Z2 Pro.

cwcad
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM

I use the Zaino system and think it is very good. If you have Klasse AIO then jsut order ZFX and Z2Pro. This will give you very good results.

If you have any need of paint correction you might think about gettingZ-PC Fusion and use this instead of Klasse AIO as your paint cleaner. Z-PC Fusion is a very good corrective paint cleaner and will give the most optimum results when used in conjunction with Z-2Pro with ZFX.

There are a whole host of things that can be purchased from Zaino to do a detail. I highly recommend the whole system to get the best results. Just do a little searching or go to the Zaino website to get more information as to how to go about a Zaino detail.

No matter what you purchase wether it is Zaino or continue with Klass products these two products need to be applied as thinly as can be applied for your best results.

imported_memnuts
02-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Z polishes plus ZFX is a breeze to buff. Though a thin application is important, allowing the product to dry is even more so. I normally allow Z2-PRO/ZFX to dry for at least 30 minutes to an hour indoors. With this amount of drying time and a thinly applied coat buffing effort is absolutely effortless.

I also live in the South and my Zaino`d white Escalade which is outdoors 24/7 still beads like crazying and washes up easily with Z7 and looks freshly detailed after a Qd`ing with Z8.

tomstin
02-16-2006, 11:27 AM
As long as you apply *thin* coats, you should have no trouble removing Z2 Pro.

As mentioned, THIN is key with Zaino. The best reference I have is after you do a panel or two and the applicator is loaded, a pea size drop per body panel is all that is necessary. Two ounces should be MORE than enough to put one layer on the Pilot. Read the Zaino tips section of their web site. Applied properly, removal is a snap! If durability is your main concern, it`s hard to beat Zaino.

imported_memnuts
02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
1 oz should be enough for 2 coats on a Pilot and still have enough residual to do door jam, wheels and glass surfaces.

imported_hadboosttroy
02-16-2006, 06:14 PM
1 ounce did 3 coats (including all glass except windshield) plus jambs on my pilot

Scottwax
02-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Z polishes plus ZFX is a breeze to buff.

Heck, Z5 sans ZFX buffs off with ease less than 10 minutes after application.

For my money though, I think the Werkstatt twins (Prime and Acrylic Jett) look better. Similar to Klasse (similar acrylic based system) but deeper and wetter looking. Acrylic Jett is a bit easier to use than SG too.

goceltics34
02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
The best reference I have is after you do a panel or two and the applicator is loaded, a pea size drop per body panel is all that is necessary.

What type of applicator do people use for Zaino, foam or microfiber? I find that the microfiber soaks up too much of the product.