PDA

View Full Version : I need a Recommendation

ptim
02-16-2006, 05:41 AM
I have mostly wax, sealants and glazes, I`m looking for a good Spiderwebbing and minor scratch remover. Any suggestions. I will be using a PC.

White95Max
02-16-2006, 05:53 AM
SSR2 is my choice, but do a search and you`ll find lots of opinions.

TGates
02-16-2006, 07:19 AM
I`d recommend Menzerna FPII, depending on how bad the spiderwebbing is and how tough your clearcoat is, and also if you`re going to be working by hand, PC, or rotary.

Menzerna, Poorboy`s and Optimum are some of my favorites. There is a new Sonus brand polish coming out in March that I`m going to get my hands on as well. You might also look into Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose or Red Moose Machine Glaze. They have a little bit of defect correcting ability, and VM states right on the label that it`s for those spiderweb marks. Just keep in mind that it does also fill.

Accumulator
02-16-2006, 09:48 AM
I`d recommend [something, whatever ;) ], depending on how bad the spiderwebbing is and how tough your clearcoat is, and also if you`re going to be working by hand, PC, or rotary...

Yeah, this is sorta like asking "what wine to order with dinner" :D Gotta base your choice on all the important variables. Consider:

-hardness of clear

-severity of marring

-desired end result (hidden, reduced, eliminated)

-method of use (rotary, PC/Cyclo, hand)

-planned subsequent products (AIO, Zaino, etc.)

-experience level

-amount of time available

The standard-answer/go-to stuff that I like is getting hard to find (VOC regs :rolleyes: ) but it`s still out there. 3M PI-III RC (05933) followed by PI-III MG (05937). Those two products will do maybe 90% of the stuff I ever need to do and they work with any application method. Pretty user-friendly too.

imported_Neothin
02-16-2006, 09:13 PM
if you can deal with a somewhat longer work time, optimum polish is a great light-moderate swirl mark remover. Menzerna`s FPII and PB SSR2 are also nice PC-friendly polishes. Optimum doesn`t dust, the other two will dust lightly-moderately if worked too long.

drewski59
02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
if you can deal with a somewhat longer work time, optimum polish is a great light-moderate swirl mark remover. Menzerna`s FPII and PB SSR2 are also nice PC-friendly polishes. Optimum doesn`t dust, the other two will dust lightly-moderately if worked too long.

I agree with all of the above... :2thumbs:

I personally like Mezerna polishes the best

Tasty
02-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Another vote for Poorboy`s SSR line.