PDA

View Full Version : Plexus Glass & Plastic Cleaner

MurfsTypeS
02-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Has anyone ever used this product. I have a little hazing occuring on my headlights and i want to remove what is there now and protect them later. If not this product what else could i do. i want to stay away from wet sanding my headlights cause like i said the spot is like the size of a dime. thanx

Pats300zx
02-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I have used it on my head lights with good results. Just a apply a small amount with a MF towel and buff. I didn`t find it to be as good as Novus but for the price it can`t be beat.

4details2win
02-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I`ve used the plexus and it`s a nice product, makes the headlights look great. Nice and slick feeling. I`ve heard that it only temporarly covers up swirls and scratches in plastic. One other product I`ve tried that supposidly fills in the swirls and removes haze is Meguiars PlastX. I used it on my moms neglected headlights and was amazed at how it cleared up the plastic. With each application it became clearer and brighter.

Ryan

tom p.
02-14-2006, 01:32 PM
PLEXUS is a great product. (Can it be used on glass??)

MurfsTypeS
02-14-2006, 01:37 PM
that was fast. so when comparing durability and clarity would you say that meguiars plastx or plexus is better. thanx again

MrLEXUS2u
02-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Murfs --- I would say PLEXUS is a good maintenance product and it has other uses besides your headlights. instrument panel/cluster, stereo, LCD computer screens, tint on tinted windows, eyeglasses, ect.

When the lens on my headlights start looking dingy i personally prefer to hit `em with meg`s PLASTX. I wrap a terry towel around a rubber sanding block then with a little elbow grease start polishing them out. I find the plastx to remove a lot of the more stubborn stuff and plexus is a good way to maintain the lenses afterwards. I do the PLASTX thing maybe once every 3-4 months, plexus maybe every other time i wash my car ( i wash it weekly).

hope this helps

SilverLexus
02-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I love Plexus. Works great on headlights. Some may require machine buffing but for most jobs I notice a nice improvement with it. Really cleaned up my wife`s car well.

jasonmac
02-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Another thumbsup for Plexus -- really does well on the gauge plastic and headlights.

Big Leegr
02-15-2006, 08:05 AM
that was fast. so when comparing durability and clarity would you say that meguiars plastx or plexus is better. thanx again

PlastX is a polish (it has some mild abrasives) so it can permanently fix some scuffs and such via mechanical action.

Plexus is a cleaner/filler, so it restores clarity by cleaning the surface well, then leaves a film on the surface that fills in tiny scratches.

DetailQueen
02-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Works great on tinted windows! and is safe.

Plan B
02-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Works great on tinted windows! and is safe.

Which product are you referring to that works great on tinted windows..... Plexus or PlastX?

I have some scuff marks on my tint (passenger and driver windows) and would like to reduce or remove them. Any tips on the process would help too. :bow

Rolla
02-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Which product are you referring to that works great on tinted windows..... Plexus or PlastX?

I have some scuff marks on my tint (passenger and driver windows) and would like to reduce or remove them. Any tips on the process would help too. :bow

I highly doubt it is scratchx as it more abrasive then Plexus. I think he is referring to Plexus.