PDA

View Full Version : couple questions/comparisons/cheap products????

Envious Eric
02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
alright guys, I have been lurking on here off and on for a couple of months now....Kpagel turned me onto this site....

questions....if you want to take the time that is....

1- compare the yellow meguire`s polishing to others....how does it compare? What are some other ones that might be better to use for swirl marks/light scratches...I have a meguires G100 (aka porter cable DA)

2- what are some good clay bars....I usually just use the yellow ones that have no name....are there better or worse ones...I am looking for the medium ones...not the aggressive ones, or the light duty ones.....the ones like the meguires medium....but is there a huge difference in clay bars?

2a- where are they the cheapest.....cheapest I have found is 15 bucks from a local store (walk in) for a 400 gram yellow (no name, but works really well)....are there places online for cheaper....I thought I saw someone mention they were getting theirs for like 6 bucks....

3- what MF towels are the best on the market...I just ordered a bunch of the meguire`s ones from www.autodetailingsolutions.com....

3a- when washing the towels, do you jsut put all the MF ones in the washer together or do you put the polishing ones separate from the window cleaner ones separate from the dash protectant ones...

thanks....I am sure there are more questions in the future....

Eric

Envious Eric
02-14-2006, 12:48 PM
bump bump

can someone answer any of these?????

brwill2005
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Not sure about the Meg`s pad, because I use a Cyclo. I use Top of the Line`s Clay bar which I believe is close to $15. If the one you have been buying works well for you, I would suggest you keep using it. I do not believe there is a huge differance between clay bars, but some might disagree. Six dollars sounds too cheap, but you never know. I dont know which MF are the best, but I use Top of the Line`s. They have several different grades of quality. Separate your window, paint, and interior towels when you wash them.

Pats300zx
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Ill try to help..

1- compare the yellow meguire`s polishing to others....how does it compare? What are some other ones that might be better to use for swirl marks/light scratches...I have a meguires G100 (aka porter cable DA)

2- what are some good clay bars....I usually just use the yellow ones that have no name....are there better or worse ones...I am looking for the medium ones...not the aggressive ones, or the light duty ones.....the ones like the meguires medium....but is there a huge difference in clay bars?

For clay bars I would recommend the Mothers or the Clay Magic. Both are easily obtained locally and are reasonably priced. You also might want to check out the Sonus Ultra Fine Detailing Clay. Its a little bit more pricey but well worth the money.

2a- where are they the cheapest.....cheapest I have found is 15 bucks from a local store (walk in) for a 400 gram yellow (no name, but works really well)....are there places online for cheaper....I thought I saw someone mention they were getting theirs for like 6 bucks....

3- what MF towels are the best on the market...I just ordered a bunch of the meguire`s ones from www.autodetailingsolutions.com....

I would recommend MF towels from some of the forum vendors. Pakshak, Excel Detail, and Sonus are all very high quality towels that are well worth the money.

3a- when washing the towels, do you jsut put all the MF ones in the washer together or do you put the polishing ones separate from the window cleaner ones separate from the dash protectant ones...

I wash all of my micro fibers together. I use either Liquid Tide and some distilled vinegar in the final rinse or one of the micro fiber restore products. I have never had any problems getting wax or polish out of the towels with these products

thanks....I am sure there are more questions in the future....

Thats what we are here for :)

jcdouglass
02-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Welcome to detailing!

I will suggest you go to the Autopia Guide to Detailing , David Bynon. Just do and use what he says right at the start. Or, you could do like I did and go through three brands and a few hundred bucks experimenting because I did not have his input.