PDA

View Full Version : Black Again Dressing Rocks

RAG
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Okay, the first trim dressing and restorer I used was Black Again (from CMA); of course I loved it, but (like all my other products) I figured I needed to explore alternative products in search of the best. Well, I`m back to Black Again (BA)...it is the best (for my needs at least).

I just don`t know why it isn`t mentioned here hardly ever - I`m guessing many have not tried it. And none of the popular venders/sponsors of this site carry it (that I know of).

Though Poor Boys Trim Restorer is extremely popular on this board, it is a distant second to BA. Though TR and other similar products are easier to apply than BA, I would think this would only be issue with high-volume professionals in a big hurry (and there aren`t many of them here). BA looks better IMO, lasts longer, is great on both smooth and porous plastics, and it awesome on black painted metal (like wiper arms).

I just wish we could get one of the popular venders here to carry it :bigups

Of course, PBs has a huge following here...so keep in mind that the above are (obviously) my OPINIONS only - but keep in mind that I`ve tried these products on hundres of vehicles. I`m just trying to share the love. Peace.

derek37
02-13-2006, 09:21 PM
forever black is pretty killer too.

RAG
02-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I`ve only used their dye.

foxtrapper
02-14-2006, 08:52 AM
I just don`t know why it isn`t mentioned here hardly ever - I`m guessing many have not tried it. And none of the popular venders/sponsors of this site carry it (that I know of).

Yep, great stuff. Been using it for years. Autogeeks and others carry it.

There were some loud mouths who would launch firebomb attacks at anyone who said they were pleased with the stuff. Haven`t seen them around for a bit, so it might be safe to post a positive statement about Black Again.

Setec Astronomy
02-14-2006, 09:07 AM
What is this stuff? An aerosol? http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/blacagextrim.html

SilverLexus
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
This might be just what my mother-in-law`s Nissan Exterra needs....

RAG
02-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Setec, it is simply a really thick dressing resembling the consistency of oil. The stuff it worth it ($8) for doing the metal wiper arms alone - really a nice added touch. I go through a bottle about every 30-40 cars I detail, so it`s quite inexpensive. It goes a lot farther than other dressings.

Foxtrapper, what were people`s issue with it? The only complaint I would think some poeple might have is that it is hard to apply and a bit oily. But nothing looks better or lasts longer, and the hard to apply bit doesn`t bother me much...when I`m in a realy hurry I`ll use PoorBoys.

I`ve used it on hundreds of cars I`ve detailed and it hasn`t failed me yet - I can`t say that about any of the other dressings I`ve tried.

Spilchy
02-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I have it but moved to #38. I still have a bunch of it left. In fact I forgot I have it! :nervous:

I`ll have to try it again since I was just asking about other trim products. Thanks!

I remember it being a slight pain to apply but liked the look and it was pretty durable.

I bought it at CMA about 3 years ago. I`ll have to give it a good shake!

Bradley
02-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Ranney at PAKSHAK carries a product called "Black Again" for just under $7.

percynjpn
02-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Ranney at PAKSHAK carries a product called "Black Again" for just under $7.

Thats right, and it just so happens that I ordered a bottle a few days ago! I hope it`s as good as it sounds (first time trying it). If you want to order it or other products from a dealer with excellent service and attitude, you can`t go wrong with PAKSHAK!

nudave
02-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Hm....Wonder if I should this use on my shoes...! j/k

I used this product like 6 years ago, but haven`t been able to find it again. I`ll have to order it. It used to come in an a bottle that looked like a gasoline additive.

Dave

RAG
02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Ah, I finally got some more myself - I had recently ran out. In the interim I was stuck using other dressings to my dissapointment. It very much resembles the consistency of the Wolfang Black Diamond Tire Gel, though I`ve never used it on tires before. I didn`t realize PakShak carried it, or I would have ordered a case through them.

DM101
02-22-2006, 08:33 AM
I use Forever Black Bumper & Trim Reconditioning Dye and it works well for me. Have not tried the other.

RAG
02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
I also have the Forever Black, but they are two completely separate beasts - one is a dye (serious reconditioning) and the other is a heavy dressing.

Yesterday I decided to put the Black Again dressing on one tire and 3 other dressings on the other tires - Black Again definitely looks the wettest/deepest. For those that like the ultra thick, high-gloss tire dressings, Black Again will do the trick - much like the Wolfgang Black Diamond but a bit less expensive, and glossier. Keep in mind that it won`t really dry, so if you live on a dusty road, it`s probably a bad idea :)