PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Sealant Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

Volks_Jetta
02-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey.. I`ve heard people say to apply the Klasse SG with a dry applicator - and I`ve heard people say to use a damp applicator. Does anyone know if one method is better than the other?

By the way, I`ve also heard people pronounce Klasse 2 different ways. Is it pronounced "Klassy" or "Klass"? (just a dumb question from a novice)...

Thanks for your help!!!

GregCavi
02-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey.. I`ve heard people say to apply the Klasse SG with a dry applicator - and I`ve heard people say to use a damp applicator. Does anyone know if one method is better than the other?

By the way, I`ve also heard people pronounce Klasse 2 different ways. Is it pronounced "Klassy" or "Klass"? (just a dumb question from a novice)...

Thanks for your help!!!

I have always wanted to know that pronunciation.

How do you pronounce Soveraun?

Greg

AMDin93103
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I prefer to apply with a damp microfiber applicator to insure a more even spread and pronounce it "class-uh." M2C.

MattZ28
02-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Correct pronunciation is Class-Uh

Souveran is pronounced Sovereign (sov-er-inn)

GregCavi
02-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Correct pronunciation is Class-Uh

WOw i was way off!!

greg

NYV6Coupe
02-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Damp MF applicator is the method I use, very satisfactory using a WOWO method. Others have had great results by letting it dry overnight before taking off residue, so either way you`ll get great results.

Volks_Jetta
02-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Thanks Everyone! This forum is really neat! I get great answers .. and FAST!....

Mizzuri
02-16-2005, 08:16 AM
I use a KlasseSealant Glaze in a spray bottle with distilled water about 10:1. I use a suede MF Applicator. Wet the applictor with Klasse, then spray the panel and wipe a thin as you can. once you have done the whole car get a fresh MF cloth and a spray bottle with water, spray the pannel and buff off. You will never have any problems with hasing or streaking and the added water helps lubricity to reduce any maring of the finish during application. Good luck

klnyc
02-16-2005, 09:08 AM
I use BillNorth method WOWO. I dont have inside garage, so my car is parked on the driveway(expose to all those #$%#). I use KSG and others like PW EX-P..ohh yeah i use wet appilcator as well.

TDMAN
02-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I`ve read the directions on the back and I`m pretty sure that you are supposed to apply it with a dry applicator. When I use it, I use a dry applicator. The key is to PUT IT ON THIN!!! I mean, like you may even doubt that it is on the car. If you can see it very clearly, you probably have too much on and it will be hard to take off when it dries. I have found that if you top with OCW, the color will really come alive, and the tough spots will be easy to remove. I really like the look though.

jvn
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM

Are you sure?

Since this looks like a modification of the French word Souverain,

then the correct pronounciation would be Soo-veh-ronnh (nasal and in between --ang and -ong)

MattZ28
02-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Positive....

CARGUY
02-19-2005, 06:30 AM
I bought my Klasse twins from TOL and there was an additional instruction sheet that came with them that said both the AIO and SG should be applied with a DAMP applicator. The main reasons for this are so they can be spread thinner and more evenly, not waste product and easier removal. Another reason for using a damp applicator with the AIO is to help dissolve the water soluble dirt that`s on (and in) the vehicle`s paint finish like normal soil, some types of tree saps, some bird and insect droppings, some types of air pollution, etc.

It`s pronounced "class-uh" and souveran is pronounced "sov-er-in".

jvn
02-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Matt,

Not meaning to be a pest. But why are you so sure?

Did the makers tell you this? It`s quite possible they meant it to be so, but then that would be funny.

It would be like someone naming a product Carte Blanche and insisting it be pronounced Kar TEE, Blan Shee.

Klasse I understand as it`s a straightforward German word with Germanic pronunciation.

MattZ28
02-19-2005, 02:55 PM
Matt,

Not meaning to be a pest. But why are you so sure?

Did the makers tell you this? It`s quite possible they meant it to be so, but then that would be funny.

It would be like someone naming a product Carte Blanche and insisting it be pronounced Kar TEE, Blan Shee.

Klasse I understand as it`s a straightforward German word with Germanic pronunciation.

Yup, I asked Max at Autogeek, who is the co-founder of Pinnacle. :bigups