PDA

View Full Version : More dings on driver or passenger side?

Pages : [1] 2

donoman
02-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I was hoping we could conduct a semi-scientific test. Here`s the procedure:

1) Go to your car

2) Smile at him/her and the glory that is your detailing prowess

3) Count door dings on the passenger side

4) Count door dings on the driver side

5) Report back here in the poll

PLEASE KEEP THIS HONEST by actually taking a survey of your car. Don`t just fill out what you "think" the answer should be without actually looking!

I would like to develop a trend that will help me decide which side I should park closer when in parking lots! I have my hypothesis but I will not share it until this poll has had its due course! Thanks very much.

pontman43
02-13-2006, 01:45 PM
What if you dont have any?

donoman
02-13-2006, 01:48 PM
That would be "0" driver and "0" passenger or Option 3.

I always get a ding or two on my cars :( but I`m creating this poll to curtail this trend.

pontman43
02-13-2006, 01:48 PM
I would think the probability of getting a ding on your passenger side would be much higher than the drivers side, because their are more people who drive by themselves. Also because people might be more careful if its not their car they are gettin in and drivers might be more careless and also its a little harder to get in the drivers side because of the pedals and wheel. This is my hypothesis, we`ll see if I am correct. ;)

pontman43
02-13-2006, 01:52 PM
That would be "0" driver and "0" passenger or Option 3.

I always get a ding or two on my cars :( but I`m creating this poll to curtail this trend.

Where do you usually park?

emetzger
02-13-2006, 01:53 PM
I have 2 on my drivers door :cry:

jchetty
02-13-2006, 02:26 PM
one on my drivers c pillar high up..caused by the mother of all rocks..i swear it wasnt a rock it felt like a brick...but thats the only one

donoman
02-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Miata:

I have 3 high level dings (look like an SUV height) on my drivers side

and 5 low level door dings on my passenger side.

These are slight dings but nevertheless I can see them and they bother me!

GlossyTundra
02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Driver door, I always back in wherever I go so the side most people get out on is the side that they hit. :( :( :mad: :mad:

RCBuddha
02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
I have more dings on my passenger side. :(

John U
02-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Someone put a 2.5" long ding in the rear door of my wife`s mint condition, pearl white Lexus.

1st door ding in 10 years of ownership it made both of us sick!!!

I took it to Dent Wizard and 1 hour and $129.00 later it was totally out and no trace of it.

Peace of mind...priceless!

Later,

JU

cwcad
02-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I have five on the drivers door and the left side. Two are from vandalism from and egging that I recieved and three are from rocks as I was driving fown the road thrown up by passing vehicles. That is not counting the rock chips on the lower rocker panels that my truck did all on its own. I do not have any door dings that I know of. I never park along side any vehicle. EVER :doh

MoneyPit
02-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Would it not matter if you backed in/ pulled through as opposed to just pulling in?

DrSauekraut
02-13-2006, 06:13 PM
No dings whatsoever . . . come hell or high water :)

Hemi57
02-13-2006, 06:53 PM
I got an unusual blemish on my drivers side rear door just three week after picking up my brand new 300C. "Unusual" as it is paint only with no dent and a little flaring of the paint edges. I accused the dealer, who had had the car in their shop the day before, and they tried to convince me that it was caused by a stone chip. Plausible but I am not convinced and rather p....d off.