View Full Version : New paint, looking for a good sealant/wax

Pages : [1] 2

Tad
02-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi, Just got my car painted and colorsanded

been about a month now maybe.

So i`m looking for a good wax product,

i`d like something that lasts really long, and really just protects the paint,

kinda like another coat of clear or something.

I think carnauba waxes are not what i need..

maybe something synthetic or something??

not sure, help me out!

thanks

MorBid
02-12-2006, 06:31 PM
check under the "reviews" for begginners. Alot of folks have posted their impressions. LSP`s are almost like ice cream, everyone has their favorite.

atticdog
02-12-2006, 07:07 PM
check out collinite 845 its a carnauba wax thats easy to use, works well over other products, and is very durable

might be a good idea to wait another week or two just to be safe since the paint is new

collinite wax (http://www.mactecllc.com/collinite.asp)

Tad
02-12-2006, 08:23 PM
reviews?

i don`t see that anywhere?

not to be lazy or anything, but I`m just kinda looking for some quick top choices,

don`t really have time to sift through a bunch of ppls reviews

emetzger
02-12-2006, 09:10 PM
fmj, upp, zaino

MorBid
02-12-2006, 09:21 PM
reviews?

i don`t see that anywhere?

not to be lazy or anything, but I`m just kinda looking for some quick top choices,

don`t really have time to sift through a bunch of ppls reviews

Well if you did you would find it at the top of ever page on this site in the banner next to the Autopia.org logo.

Learn! Discuss! Review!

pontman43
02-12-2006, 09:41 PM
AIO then SGx100

atticdog
02-13-2006, 04:32 AM
collinite reviews (http://www.autopia.org/reviews/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=3f58fa3c826b03712e03bd6ac7d48c03&cmd=details&itemid=43)

845vs 476 collinite (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65491&highlight=collinite)

imported_Neothin
02-13-2006, 07:22 AM
look into either a sealant or a high durability wax. sealants may include the zaino system, upp, sg, fmj, etc and the waxes may include either of the collinite`s, or the discontinued meg`s #16.

Accumulator
02-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Stuff I`m using regularly and my short-answer opinions (YMMV, it`s all just my take on it this morning ;) ):

Sealants: Klasse twins (great durability, good looks), UPP (great looks, *VERY* slick, so-so durability), BF (great looks, so-so user-friendliness, so-so durability).

Waxes: Collinite 845 (good looks, good durability, very user friendly), Collinite 476S (OK looks, great durability, so-so user-friendliness but not bad if you put it on thin), Souveran (great looks, poor durability, very user-friendly), Meg`s #16 (hard to find, good durability, very good looks, OK user-friendliness if you put it on thin).

tom p.
02-13-2006, 11:44 AM
AIO + SG = simple solution

Accumulator
02-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, yeah, IMO the Klasse twins *are* about the nearest thing to another layer of clearcoat. You can plainly feel the somewhat plastic-like stuff on your paint.

cwcad
02-13-2006, 12:09 PM
If you use AIO and SG as your new line of products you might want to review the WOWO mehtod of applying SG.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30989&highlight=wipe+official

Or make sure that you have time to let the SG set over nite to let it cure to help you in the removal of same. Which ever method that you use it is imperative that you put on very thin coats of SG. Other wise you could be back writing a thread as to how hard the product was to remove.

With that said, you will most likely not find many other products as durable as the Klasse Twins.

DM101
02-13-2006, 02:10 PM
If the paint is not fully cured you might want to use FK 2180 for a month or so. If it has cured well I like Duragloss PBA (Polish Bonding Agent), UPP, RMG, Pinnicle Souveran. My take...

Tad
02-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Cool thanks guys!

this was the info i`m looking for.

I think durability and user friendliness are key for me.

i`m leaning towards the klasse cuz I see a few of you guys mentioned it as top pick for durability.

(on and I see the review button now, haha)