PDA

View Full Version : Removing Sonus label adhesive from polishing towel?

Truthunter
02-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I am having a very difficult time completely removing the Sonus product labels/adhesive from my Sonus polishing towels (light green). Could you recommend a method or product for removing the left over adhesive?

Thanks

Accumulator
02-12-2006, 11:59 AM
I`d try Goo-Gone or Dissolve-It. They oughta dissolve the adhesive without hurting the MF. Or even something like 3M Adhesive Remover.

Bobby G
02-12-2006, 01:09 PM
This has been a problem for a few people who accidentally washed/dried the towels with the label still on. The dryer seals it. I had it happen and used denatured alcohol to remove it.

Truthunter
02-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks.

I removed the label but didn`t realized there was still some label residue left on the towels before I washed/dryed it :nervous:

Denatured alcohol? Is this the same as the Isopropal (90%) you can get from the store?

I assume it should be washed again after using the alcohol?

chml17l
02-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Denatured alcohol is grain alcohol or ethanol that has additives in it to make it unfit for human consumption. It is not the same as isopropyl (90%) as the isopropyl contains ~ 10% water. The denatured alcohol contains <0.1% water and probably would work better because the glue may not like the higher water content of the isopropyl.

Give the isopropyl a try, you may just need more of it and or a longer contact time to completely dissolve the glue.

I would recommend washing your mf after the glue removal to make sure any residue was completely removed.

Accumulator
02-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Look for denatured alcohol in the paint dept. of your local big-box store.