PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why Advance Auto is dumping Megs Microfiber?

SilverLexus
02-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Just wondering why they would not carry this line after making a big splash with ist back in the summer/fall time frame...

It`s led to some great deals for us consumers but I find it odd that almost every auto parts store in Atlanta is lacking a quality mf line...one exception is AutoZone which has some decent Viking products...

Also, isn`t Mother`s supposed to introduce a microfiber line with some of the Viking products soon?

Any feedback or comments are appreciated.

Setec Astronomy
02-12-2006, 08:27 AM
The original word on this was that Advance was dumping the Meg`s accessories for the Mother`s. I think that was posted by someone who works at Advance. I can`t find the thread. By the time I got to my "local" Advance, there wasn`t much left, but got some good half-price deals. Should be all gone by now, this was back in the fall.

EDIT: Pep Boys up here still carries the Meg`s Accesories, as well as Strauss Auto, which is a local chain.

SilverLexus
02-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks Mike. I hope we see the Mother`s stuff soon...it is odd as they still carry a bunch of Gold Class and no Mother`s in my local store. :think:

imported_flatstick
02-12-2006, 08:38 AM
The original word on this was that Advance was dumping the Meg`s accessories for the Mother`s. I think that was posted by someone who works at Advance. I can`t find the thread. By the time I got to my "local" Advance, there wasn`t much left, but got some good half-price deals. Should be all gone by now, this was back in the fall.

EDIT: Pep Boys up here still carries the Meg`s Accesories, as well as Strauss Auto, which is a local chain.

Autozone in my area also had Meg`s stuff half off. they also had Kit car was for $2.99 if anybody uses it. they have their sale starting 2-8-06 . I do not use it but if you do it is a good price. http://www.autozone.com/in_our_stores/store_deals/in_store_deals.htm

Setec Astronomy
02-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks, Flatstick! I`d run down there today but I don`t have a plow on the front of my car...:(

imported_flatstick
02-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks, Flatstick! I`d run down there today but I don`t have a plow on the front of my car...:(

If I were in the area I would pick you up. we can clean em out :2thumbs: