PDA

View Full Version : QD Caused hazing - best way to deal with it?

firegate
02-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey guys, I`ve been lurking here for a couple years now but haven`t posted yet.. needed some advice on an issue - I did a full clay/polish/wax deal about a week ago on my Solara, but due to the conditions here (parking lot at my univ is one of the dustiest places I`ve ever seen), the car gets visibly dirty after 3-4 days.. I generally just wash it every week or so, and after doing so today, a buddy suggested I try a QD and gave me a bottle of Eagle One Wipe&Shine.. it looked okay as I applied it, but the finish turned hazy after a few minutes and now the car looks like it`s gone a couple months without a waxing.

For reference, the process I used was Wash with Meg Gold Class, Clay, P21S Paintwork Lotion, Megs Deep Crystal Polish, 4* UPP, and topped off with Megs gold class wax since I ran out of P21S. I`m guessing that the QD didn`t get along with the gold class.

Any advice on the best way to deal with something like this? Will I have to go at it with a paint cleaner to strip the wax coat? Thanks in advance for the help.

imported_drg
02-11-2006, 08:44 PM
just rewash the vehicle

White95Max
02-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah the QD probably just streaked. A wash will fix the situation.

Did you apply the QD in the sun?

firegate
02-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Yeah the QD probably just streaked. A wash will fix the situation.

Did you apply the QD in the sun?

Cool, thanks.. i`ll wash it over again in the morning - hopefully that`ll take care of it..

Didn`t apply the QD in the sun, did it in the shade at about 4pm with a MF.

Alfisti
02-12-2006, 06:48 AM
For reference, the process I used was Wash with Meg Gold Class, Clay, P21S Paintwork Lotion, Megs Deep Crystal Polish, 4* UPP, and topped off with Megs gold class wax since I ran out of P21S.

Keep in mind that Gold Class has cleaners and will interfere with the UPP. I`d stick with a pure carnauba topper if that`s what you`re after.

imported_Larry A
02-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Ive used E.O. Wipe n Shine and never had any problems. To me its one of the better qds out there. It could of been the type of towels you used. You must also wipe till dry and somethimes it takes more then one towel.

firegate
02-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Keep in mind that Gold Class has cleaners and will interfere with the UPP. I`d stick with a pure carnauba topper if that`s what you`re after.

Ah, didn`t know GC was a cleaner wax. Thanks for the tip. I`ve always used Natty`s or P21S as a topper but forgot to reorder this time around.

White95Max
02-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Yup, Gold Class and a lot of other OTC waxes are cleaner waxes, but aren`t labeled as such.

firegate
02-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Ive used E.O. Wipe n Shine and never had any problems. To me its one of the better qds out there. It could of been the type of towels you used. You must also wipe till dry and somethimes it takes more then one towel.

Strange.. I used cobra MF towels and made sure to wipe until dry.. it looked fine for a few minutes after application and then hazed over..

I didn`t like the way the E.O. went on either though.. seemed to require a lot of effort vs the Clearkote Quikshine that my dad uses on his car. Oh well - you win some and you lose some I guess :waxing: .

Alfisti
02-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Maybe there was some adverse interaction between the UPP and GC. :nixweiss

firegate
02-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Maybe there was some adverse interaction between the UPP and GC. :nixweiss

I think it had to do with the QD and the GC. I applied the GC over the UPP a week ago and it looked fine for that time (although not as good as P21S). Looks like the washing took care of it though - thanks for the advice guys.