PDA

View Full Version : The dummies who need to heed this sign probably won`t read it anyway...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
02-11-2006, 07:09 PM
http://upshizzle.com/files/duh_sign.jpg

:)

stilez
02-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Yep.

Simple solution, get a credit card.

pontman43
02-12-2006, 12:22 AM
I bet thats how they get away with having it there. LOL

percynjpn
02-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Actually, though I understand the basic point, that sign is incredibly rude, to say the least. It always amazes me when I go home to visit how modern American manners have hit a new low :( :nono

a.k.a. Patrick
02-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Actually, though I understand the basic point, that sign is incredibly rude, to say the least. It always amazes me when I go home to visit how modern American manners have hit a new low :( :nono

Percy, good point. American values and manners are at an all time low...Are we that rushed also?

That process" of "pay and pump" have been in place for quite some time, so i do agree with the aggravation of the business owner. People do need to pay attention. You cant help but wonder if people like that are the same who return products to stores, for not reading directions, and saying "It doesnt work" or "It`s broke"....lol....

Intercooled
02-12-2006, 09:50 AM

I absolutely agree! I always know my pump number, but If I saw that sign I wouldn`t go there any more! Arrogant and Rude! the wording "Is it too much to ask", is that how they treat thier customers? :cooleek: :rolleyes: they can go screw! Its sad how alot businesses treat thier customers. I just dont get it. :(

I also know that customers today are very demanding and usually want more than appropiate. But a sign such as that is uncalled for. Perhaps wording it better would have been a better solution.

suggestion:

" To speed the process of your transaction please have your pump number ready for the cashier! Thank you!"

short, simple & tastfully done with no sarcastic rermarks.

imported_ajbarnes
02-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I understand their point, but that sign is rude. I bet some people went in the store with an additude. :D

Corey Bit Spank
02-12-2006, 09:57 AM
This is why the world has prepay.

Corey Bit Spank
02-12-2006, 10:08 AM
I understand their point, but that sign is rude. I bet some people went in the store with an additude. :D

They would anyway. People are terrible. They think because the person is a lowly clerk at a gas station that they can be nasty.

imported_truzoom
02-12-2006, 10:09 AM
It`d ridiculous that we have lost trust in each others to the point that we need people to prepay for gas so nobody fills up and runs off. I can`t even go to a gas station after getting my paycheck to top off because I don`t even know how much it`ll cost me. I end up walking inside and giving them this huge explanation and blah blah blah..

I would normally pay by card but my usual routine is to deposit my check and get roughly $40 cash back which I use for gas.

imported_Aurora40
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I should make a sign and put it in my car window:

"Don`t have Pay-at-the-Pump if you aren`t going to keep the receipt printer full of paper. Who cares if I can pay at the pump if I have to go in for my receipt? Is that too much to ask? Cuz I think it`s common sense"

Scottwax
02-12-2006, 05:36 PM

I can understand the store`s owner`s frustration though. Too many people are lazy and (or) ignorant and cause everyone else to have to wait for them. Like in the bank drive-thru when morons not only don`t have the correct slip for their transaction but they don`t even have a pen. Everyone else has to sit behind them and wait. I wish banks would put a similar sign in their drive-thru:

We will be glad to give you the correct slip and even a pen. However, since you lack the basic courtesy and intelligence to have your transaction ready to put in the tube when you pull up, once we give you what you need, you have to pull out of line, park in the back until you fill out your slips and then you may get back in line. If the lobby is open, we won`t even give you what you need, go inside and fill out your stuff and stop making everyone else wait because of your stupidity.

A bank that would post a sign like that and enforce it would have my business forever. :2thumbs:

BigChevMan
02-12-2006, 07:18 PM
I don`t think it`s rude at all. I work in a service industry. To be exact I give people welfare ( food stamps, medicaid, etc...) The people who come to me should be begging me to help them, but no, they are rude, condesending, and think they are better, smarter, and more special than me. Being in the job i`m in I see things very differently than most. When I walk into a store I see people treating the employees like complete and total crap for something that 9 out of 10 times isn`t their fault or is out of their hands. It should be mutual respect, but that is a far gone part of our society.

People in service industries in general get crapped on because people think they are a lower class. My fiance works as a teacher in a day care. Most of the people she deals with she is teaching their kids for 8 hours a day or longer. You would think that they would respect someone who is building the foundation of their children, and generally spends more time with their children than the parents do themselves. I won`t give any detailed stories, but trust when I say that service people are the "Rodney Dangerfields" of the world. They get no respect whatsoever.

Just remember next time your in line what pump you parked at. Shouldn`t be too hard, they aren`t mind readers in their minimum wage jobs.

percynjpn
02-13-2006, 06:32 AM
I can understand the store`s owner`s frustration though. Too many people are lazy and (or) ignorant and cause everyone else to have to wait for them. Like in the bank drive-thru when morons not only don`t have the correct slip for their transaction but they don`t even have a pen. Everyone else has to sit behind them and wait. I wish banks would put a similar sign in their drive-thru:

We will be glad to give you the correct slip and even a pen. However, since you lack the basic courtesy and intelligence to have your transaction ready to put in the tube when you pull up, once we give you what you need, you have to pull out of line, park in the back until you fill out your slips and then you may get back in line. If the lobby is open, we won`t even give you what you need, go inside and fill out your stuff and stop making everyone else wait because of your stupidity.

A bank that would post a sign like that and enforce it would have my business forever. :2thumbs:

That sign would put the gas station`s to shame! :eek:

percynjpn
02-13-2006, 06:37 AM
I don`t think it`s rude at all. I work in a service industry. To be exact I give people welfare ( food stamps, medicaid, etc...) The people who come to me should be begging me to help them, but no, they are rude, condesending, and think they are better, smarter, and more special than me. Being in the job i`m in I see things very differently than most. When I walk into a store I see people treating the employees like complete and total crap for something that 9 out of 10 times isn`t their fault or is out of their hands. It should be mutual respect, but that is a far gone part of our society.

People in service industries in general get crapped on because people think they are a lower class. My fiance works as a teacher in a day care. Most of the people she deals with she is teaching their kids for 8 hours a day or longer. You would think that they would respect someone who is building the foundation of their children, and generally spends more time with their children than the parents do themselves. I won`t give any detailed stories, but trust when I say that service people are the "Rodney Dangerfields" of the world. They get no respect whatsoever.

Just remember next time your in line what pump you parked at. Shouldn`t be too hard, they aren`t mind readers in their minimum wage jobs.

Wow! With an attitude like that, I don`t suppose you`ll be convincing any other prospective employers to give you a better job to replace the one you`re miserable in right now! :rolleyes: