PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Swirls from HELL

eric320
02-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Picked up my new car (black) on a cloudy day (of course) and when the sun came out a week later i noticed that the entire car is awash in swirl marks.. head to toe.. nuthing too deep but it looks horrible and it covers the car...

newbie poster/detail: I purchased Zaino on a recommendation from a friend but too cold to use still..

Any suggestions on best way to approach would be appreciated.. they look like they used a dirty rag to wipe down the car... :mad:

also: interior is clean right now... need an interior detailing product recommendation for quick cleans and etc...

thx

sQuashed
02-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Put the zaino away until you get some work done on those swirls. lots of reading here about swirl removal and products. Good Luck. :welcome

imported_steveo3002
02-11-2006, 12:10 PM
yeah zaino is for when the swirls are gone....either read up alot and buy a pc, or find a good local detailer to do it for you

Truthunter
02-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I have the same dealer installed swirls on my red Lexus. I`m in the process of polishing them out with a PC and Sonus SFX-1, 2, and 3. Read the how-to`s on www.autopia-carcare.com.

BigAl3
02-11-2006, 10:52 PM
:welcome eric320,

first... i would suggest picking up a pc. you can purchase one at lowes, here`s a link http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=51472-546-7336SP

also... you will need to get a backing plate & pads for it as well, if you don`t buy a package deal with the pc. there are numerous online car car vendors where you can purchase them from ( www.autopia-carcare.com ) ( www.exceldetail.com ) etc..

as far as polishes, waxes and so forth... browse around the forum and you will see that everyone has different tastes on what they like and use. go to the "click & brag" section, as there are alot of excellent details with the steps and products used. using the "search" button helps as well.

here`s a great guide on the pc http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=47

have fun! :up

eric320
02-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Thank you to all that replied.. :woohoo:

Great info.. looks like i have some reading to do... Once I am over my `deer caught in the headlights` phase i will let everyone know how it all turned out (complete with pics of course)

Thanks again....