PDA

View Full Version : Help trying to find details of car accident in Bakersfield

Lowejackson
02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
My uncle has been involved in a serious car accident whilst travelling somewhere in California. His sister was killed and we understand my uncle has suffered severe brain damage. He is in Bakersfield Medical Centre and the accident happened sometime on Thursday the 9th Feb.

This is all we know, has anyone seen any news reports or similar.

Any help or information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Steven

imported_KevinA
02-13-2006, 07:20 AM
I know someone that lives near Bakersfield. I`ll send them an email to see if they can get some info or at least a web site for the local news or newspaper. Once I hear back, I`ll post it back here.

Lowejackson
02-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks, the life support machine was turned off on Saturday evening around 10.30pm and at almost the same time his brother died suddenly in the UK.

3 deaths in 3 days

SilverLexus
02-13-2006, 08:54 AM
I`m sorry for your losses Steven. :(

stilez
02-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Very sorry to hear...This is terrible news.

Smoked Tails
02-13-2006, 10:16 AM
I`m saddened to hear that, my thoughts and paryers are with you and your family.

Accumulator
02-13-2006, 10:38 AM
My condolences Stephen. That`s really something, the two brothers passing away like that.

Spilchy
02-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Gosh, that`s awful. My sincere condolences. I`m sorry to hear about this.

imported_flatstick
02-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Wow that is so sad . really sorry to hear of the bad news.

Lowejackson
02-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys, it means a lot to me.

We think it will take several weeks to bring back the body of my Uncle from the USA. It seems to be a very complicated process.

I remember leaving work on Thursday evening after a terrible week at work and thinking that things could not get any worse. As I drove through the carpark I ran over a carton of milk which very neatly sprayed itself over the the car. It was at that stage I knew it could not get any worse.

Life has a way of proving people wrong

Scottwax
02-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I`m really sorry to hear about what happened. http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/grouphug.gif

Honestly, I am not suprised at you not being able to find anything on the internet about the accident. My brother`s Father-in-Law was killed in an accident in Iowa last year and I couldn`t find anything about it online for several days.

imported_KevinA
02-14-2006, 06:49 AM
I`m so sorry to hear the bad news. My prayers are with you.

My friend was able to get me the web site for the local paper...

http://www.bakersfield.com/

You can login with the following user name and password:

dailykos

dailykos

SpoiledMan
02-14-2006, 07:07 AM
I`m very sorry for your loss.

I did some searching myself yesterday and came up with nothing. I searched by way of Google and used: `accident` `death` `bakersfield` I did come up with some news items but they didn`t seem to fit your description.

Lowejackson
02-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks again. I guess part of the problem is we do not know where the accident happened except he went to Bakersfield hospital. In the meantime I am focusing on my my wife. She is having a very tough time and has only been back at work for a few weeks following a fairly long illness.