PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound...

wannafbody
02-10-2006, 01:42 PM
anyone use this with a PC or is this a rotary only product. What pad would you reccommend as well. I`m assuming this is a bit more aggressive than #83.

Scottwax
02-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I use it with my PC, both with the yellow LC cutting pad and the yellow Meguiars polishing pad. It is more aggressive than DACP with a cutting pad, seems just a bit more aggressive with a polishing pad (using the same pad for both). What sets it apart from DACP is the longer working time and better finish it leaves. Does an excellent job on scratches too.

wannafbody
02-10-2006, 06:35 PM
I was thinking of trying it with a RO because I think it might be a little safer than a rotary

imported_Neothin
02-10-2006, 07:35 PM
I`ve used OHC via PC also. I used it on a lake country 4" yellow against horribly swirled VW paint. Even keeping the amount of product in check, using speed 6, and some pressure, it still took a long time to correct the defects. Maybe this was due to hard clear and trying to correct with a PC, but I was disappointed.

ceiol
02-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I`ve used OCC with a PC and an orange pad with excellent results on my black 540i. Followed it with OCP and a polishing pad.

RAG
02-10-2006, 10:26 PM
I`ve found OHC to rank at about a 7 as far as aggressiveness, but finishes out at was traditionally was a 5. Though I think OHC is more than one point more agressive than #83, it doesn`t cut as heavy as PG, #84, or SSR 3 (all 8s).