PDA

View Full Version : Charlie`s Soap is well worth the $20

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Chan
02-10-2006, 12:53 AM
I wash my MFs the other day with barely any of Charlie`s Soap and it came out as clean as using an ounce of Tide. Came out a lot softer too!

cwcad
02-10-2006, 05:36 AM
I concur! Have been using Charlie`s Soap for about two or three months now. I think that it is doing a great job with my MF towels.

zippymbr
02-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Welcome to the club! If you like the laundry detegent you should try the APC. Gets out most anything, rinses clean, and is very economical.

Accumulator
02-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, Charlie`s might not be my *favorite* detergent for MFs (still prefer the MF-specific stuff, at least with my washer/water) but it`s better than store-bought stuff. And I also find myself using it for the household textiles all the time.

imported_Neothin
02-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I`ve been using tide or whatever else is in the laundry room to clean my MF`s up to this point. Am I really going to see/feel that much of a difference by switching to charlie`s or something like micro-restore?

Chan
02-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I`ve been using tide or whatever else is in the laundry room to clean my MF`s up to this point. Am I really going to see/feel that much of a difference by switching to charlie`s or something like micro-restore?

You won`t be using anywhere near as much Charlie`s as you did with Tide. In turn, you`ll be saving some money.

Spilchy
02-10-2006, 09:59 AM
For small and medium loads I use an ounce of Charlies. For large and extra large I use 1.5 ounces to 2 ounces.

Accumulator, try Charlie`s APC to clean MF`s - about an ounce with hot water. I have used it and am extremely happy with it. I have a gallon of MicroRestoe and it`s very similar but much cheaper.

Miami_vice
02-10-2006, 10:01 AM
You want to see all the top MF detergants work. check it out. :dance

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248473&highlight=charlie%27s+soap

:cooleek: :2thumbs: :spot

chml17l
02-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Neo- feeling a difference is kind of subjective. I believe the real value in using something like Charlies or a specific mf wash is for what they don`t contain (UV brighteners, fabric softening agents, perfumes or scent masking agents). All of these additives, in a traditional detergent like Tide, are designed to not rinse out of your laundry. They leave a measureable about of residue that over time requires you to use additional softeners. They probably cause accelerated wear of the clothing themselves since they are constantly abrading the fibers. Without additives, the clothing fibers can achieve their full lofting capability and will probably feel softer without the need for specific additional softening agents.

Accumulator
02-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Spilchy- I`ll consider the Charlie`s APC...heh heh, this experimenting of mine is making them some money ;)

Neothin- It depends on all the variables in your situation (washer, water, stuff on the MFs, etc.) but for me the "special" detergents worked miracles compared to Tide/Cheer/etc.

There are sources that seel large quantities of Charlies quite cheap too.

Setec Astronomy
02-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Accumulator, try Charlie`s APC to clean MF`s - about an ounce with hot water. I have used it and am extremely happy with it. I have a gallon of MicroRestoe and it`s very similar but much cheaper.

I guess this is the ultimate Charlie`s soap question--use the Laundry Liquid or the APC for MF`s? I like the LL for regular laundry and MF`s, I have the APC but have not washed with it (yet), only pretreated stains/waxy spots.

Here is what a Charlie`s Soap rep had to say elsewhere about the APC and why they created Laundry Liquid: "The problem was, 20 years ago and still now, that people don`t normally want to use it in their laundry because A) it does have a chemical smell to it out of the bottle and B) it doesn`t go all that far for laundry: about 64 loads per gallon. "

tom p.
02-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Charlie`s is Autopian-grade!!

RCBuddha
02-10-2006, 12:54 PM
I have both the Laundry Liquid and the APC. I`ve noticed no real difference when washing my MF towels with either.

Spilchy
02-10-2006, 01:01 PM
You want to see all the top MF detergants work. check it out. :dance

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248473&highlight=charlie%27s+soap

Where`s the one from Detail City?

Sarcazmo
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Do you pick this stuff up and the local store?