PDA

View Full Version : New tire swipe one of my customers manufactures

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
02-08-2006, 10:10 PM
One of my customers mentioned they would be making tire dressing applicators for Discount Tire and anyone else who is interested. He gave me several of them and some replacement pads.

The handle is plastic and helps keep dressing off your hands and the foam backed super soft bristle applicator is very durable-lasts a good 50 cars for me and even then, just the edges (where raised white letters tend to catch them) were the only areas showing wear. The actual surface still looked really good.

Here are a couple pics I took with my camera phone:

http://upshizzle.com/files/Tire_swipe1.jpg

http://upshizzle.com/files/Tire_swipe2.jpg

Once I know who will be distributing them at the retail level, I will let you know.

3Dog
02-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Almost looks like a paint applicator..Next time you are in Homey D look and see what you think.

BigAl3
02-08-2006, 10:21 PM
been a fan of the good ole e1 tire swipe for many years... wouldn`t mind trying this out.

Scottwax
02-08-2006, 10:28 PM
been a fan of the good ole e1 tire swipe for many years... wouldn`t mind trying this out.

This beats the #$%&*@ out of it! Way more durable. My customer told me Discount Tire was getting 300 cars per pad! He also said maybe they made it too durable!

BigAl3
02-08-2006, 10:34 PM
This beats the #$%&*@ out of it! Way more durable. My customer told me Discount Tire was getting 300 cars per pad! He also said maybe they made it too durable!

sweet! :getdown

SilverLexus
02-09-2006, 07:33 AM

Same here...by the way I recently figured out how to do this job and keep the shine off my hands. Our local PBE sells a 100 quantity box full for $5 of latex gloves. I put on the gloves, swipe the tire, and throw them away. Cheap and effective. :)

Wasatch
02-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Do they come in Truck/SUV tire size?

RAG
02-09-2006, 08:27 AM
I`ve been looking for a new, lower-profile swipe that still has a handle!

Setec Astronomy
02-09-2006, 08:45 AM
That looks like a really nice tool. When Target started carrying the Rubbermaid CarWares line, they had a foam, contoured applicator something like this one, but it was much bigger, heavier, and the foam pad was not replaceable. Price was pretty good, I think $4, but this one looks like the real deal.

Bill D
02-09-2006, 09:20 AM
I have to go through my case ( and I cut half of the applicators in 2 to accomodate low profile tires) of Dollar Tree EO knockoffs first but I`ll be watching when the time comes.

Pats300zx
02-09-2006, 09:44 AM
That looks like a really nice tool. When Target started carrying the Rubbermaid CarWares line, they had a foam, contoured applicator something like this one, but it was much bigger, heavier, and the foam pad was not replaceable. Price was pretty good, I think $4, but this one looks like the real deal.

I picked one of these up. I have yet to try it out yet :)

Setec Astronomy
02-09-2006, 10:00 AM
I picked one of these up. I have yet to try it out yet :)

I don`t think I`ve used the thing yet--I`m aging it :o I have used the similar tire brush though.

imported_smprince1
02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Is it the same as this one?

http://www.topoftheline.com/tire-dressing-applier.html

Setec Astronomy
02-09-2006, 10:55 AM
That doesn`t look quite the same, but very similar. That TOL model even looks like it has a velcro-secured replaceable pad, even though they don`t seem to sell the pad separately. Thanks for posting that!

EDIT: If you go back up a page (http://www.topoftheline.com/tire-dressing-applicator.html) there IS a replaceable dressing pad, as well as a scrub pad, and they are reasonably priced, too! :2thumbs:

imported_Denzil
02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Hmm... I need to pick up a couple of the TOL ones or similar. I`m getting tired of those Eagle One applicators. They truly do suck.