PDA

View Full Version : Portable Vacuum Choices?

01bluecls
02-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey people, Im thinking about getting a new vacuum. Requirements for me...portable (not a house vacuum, or shop vac.), needs to be powerful as possible for size, must be under about 250 price range, comes with lots of attachments (especially for crevices in a vehicle.) and can be used as a blower.

I think I found one here that meets all my criteria: http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html

but I was wondering if anyone else had input on this model or any other suggestions. U

Ultimately I would love a steamer and true water extractor but most of those seem out of my price range (they seem to be anywhere from 600 and up for a decent one.)

Thanks,

Chris

01bluecls
02-08-2006, 10:04 PM
By the way I have access to my parents 6.0 hp shop vac but we can`t find any attachments for it and its definetly too bulky. I do have some cheap 50 dollar small vac that I got from home depot similiar to the one in the link above but its very very weak.

3Dog
02-08-2006, 10:06 PM
I would look at the Rigid WD4550

01bluecls
02-08-2006, 10:40 PM
I would look at the Rigid WD4550

Any particular link? Or should I just google it to see what pulls up? Im asking because you may already know what site/store has the best price. Thanks ;)

imported_Neothin
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
I believe Ridgid is a home depot only brand...

imported_chpsk8
02-09-2006, 11:12 AM
FYI. The VacNBlo you reference is also used by horse groomers and can sometimes be found at tack and feed stores and sites for less. (sorry, no linky, just going off memory)

SilverLexus
02-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I`ve had a VacNBlo for a little over a year and I really like. It is well built and has tremedous suction. The dust filter is very easy to wash as well (washing machine). I think Metro is a good manufacturer based on my usage.

I place my canister on the driver`s seat and the hose pretty much reaches everywhere inside, except of course for the trunk. I don`t have the wheel dolley but that might be a great accessory as well.

I am not happy with my Ridgid shopvac....way too noisy (even with the silencer tube) and it lacks suction and filters are pricey and short lasting.

3Dog
02-09-2006, 02:57 PM
I havent had any problems from my Rigids (3)..vast improvement over the Shop-Vacs I have had in the past......then again I still have a 25 year old Vac N Blo that works perfect.