PDA

View Full Version : FK 1000p tips?

JoeJ
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Well i just recieved my FK 1000p today. I probably wont get around to using it for another few weeks, but I`m excited for it. Since placing my order I have heard grumbling from a few that I need to `be careful` with it, but no one outlines exactly what they mean by this. Is it hard to apply evenly? Tough to remove? stains trim? I`m just looking for someone to clarify what I need to look out for with the use of this product and maybe lend a few tips on using it. Thanks crew.

Big Leegr
02-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Not too sure about the trim aspect. I try not to find out. ;)

As to the application, if you apply it thick or on a hot surface, you are not likely to have a fun filled afternoon.

However, if you have a garage, or shade, and apply it thinly, there should be no problem with removal. I was actually a bit surprised at how easily it wiped off (when applied "correctly").

Really, I haven`t had any problems in using it, but then I haven`t tried using it under all conditions either.

JoeJ
02-09-2006, 06:40 PM
are you applying via PC or by hand?

klnyc
02-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, me too.. I just ordered 2180 and 1000p. I was also wondering if 1000P stain the trim or not?

Big Leegr
02-10-2006, 03:20 AM
are you applying via PC or by hand?

By hand. I don`t know if i`d actually save any time trying to get it out of a can and applying it to the PC pad, then to the car. (I`m not all that graceful at times. :rolleyes: )

It doesn`t require that much work/effort to apply it evenly/thin, even by hand.

I suppose if you were going to try spit shining or such that a PC would be helpful, but for just 1 coat applications, I go just by hand.