PDA

View Full Version : My first time

Paul Z
02-08-2006, 02:39 PM
I recently ordered the following and I`m about to embark on my first detail; PC 7336sp :scared:

PB Suds, SSR2, SSR1, PwC, EX-P, Natty`s Blue. Also I have VM and ClearKote clay. The car in question is my black Mustang. It has the infamous swirls. After searching the forums and reading many posts I have come up with this step by step. The search feature is awsome but my head is filled with all these abbr. and products. :faint:

Wash

clay

wash

SSR2 w/ polishing pad step up to light cutting pad to remove deeper swirls,speed 4.5 to 5

SSR1 w/polishing pad speed 4.5-5.5

Here is where I`m lost, :eek: PwC then VM followed by EX-P? After using SSR1 is using PwC overkill? Should I get RMG and use that instead of VM?

Pad choices for these product? I was planning on LC, good choice? :nixweiss

Any suggestions or comments are welcome If you think I should change anything let me know. Thanks!!

imported_Denzil
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
A few things to consider...

The second wash after claying is not necessary. Just rinse.

It`s always ideal to start with your least abrasive SMR/pad combo but if you feel the swirls are that bad, it`s ok to start with SSR2.

I personally use the pads from ExcelDetail.com.

Don`t forget those ever important microfiber towels.

Have fun!

Sherman8r44
02-08-2006, 06:11 PM
1. What clay do you have? Most can be used during the wash (before rinsing) using the suds on the car and, where it`s needed, a spray bottle of 1oz. soap and 31oz. water. Saves time :2thumbs:

2. You should have a clean, oil-free surface for EX-P to bond to, so skip the VM/RMG/PwC. I guess if you really want to you could use PwC because it only has a slight bit of carnauba (it`s mostly polymers), but for best durability apply the EX-P alone.

3. Instead of a preliminary wax product, apply a second layer of EX-P 24 hours after the first. Make sure water doesn`t touch the surface in that time.

LC pads should be fine. Good luck!

imported_Neothin
02-08-2006, 08:52 PM
kick those speeds up when using the SSR polishes.. I can`t get any defects out when using anything below speed 6. As for PwC, VM, etc etc etc, I would just skip PwC and use VM instead. VM has cleaners and abrasives in it, so anything that is left behind from PwC would be removed anyways. plus VM leaves behind nice oils that will enhance the wetness of the paint.

SSR2 w/ white, step up to orange if necessary

SSR1 w/ white, maybe even black

VM w/ black

EX-P by hand or w/ black

NB by hand

now i someone is going to say something about the pad choice for VM. My thinking: you`ve already polished out all the swirls w/ your SSR polishes, the abrasives in VM aren`t necessary, so why would you need a pad that would help the abrasives cut better? All your using VM for is to clean off all the remaining polishing oils and leave behind glazing oils.

Paul Z
02-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for all the info! Time to get :waxing:

White330
02-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Dang, I thought this thread was going to start with "Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought this could happen to me..." What a disappointment. :(

Sherman8r44
02-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Dang, I thought this thread was going to start with "Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought this could happen to me..." What a disappointment. :(

:funnypost :har: I was thinking the same thing!