PDA

View Full Version : I Love FMJ

Pages : [1] 2

RAG
02-07-2006, 09:55 PM
This stuff rocks. I have just about every sealant popular on this board and I find that my "go to" sealant continues to be FMJ, especially if I`m in a hurry (and I usually am). It`s just so easy to use. Yes, it is more expensive, but it`s ease of use more than makes up for it. And what`s an extra 50 cent per application in the scheme of things? And it`s extremly slick and looks as good as any sealant IMO; actually, I usually have a hard time saying one sealant looks better than another when I compare them...so my customers sure as heck aren`t gonna see the difference. Prep is 95% of it anyway. Customers love the slickness.

If you haven`t tried it because of the price...reconsider. :think2 The sealant is the least expensive step when you consider what polish, clay, etc cost.

Scottwax
02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
What really impressed me with FMJ is how excellent it looks on white. Over AIO, at 4 months it was still going strong on an Expidition of a customers.

imported_hadboosttroy
02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
i`ve really been wanting to try this stuff!

Spilchy
02-08-2006, 06:49 AM
I`m selling it in the "Good Deals" thread, unused!

BigChevMan
02-08-2006, 04:05 PM
i`ve really been wanting to try this stuff!

I`ve got some for sale as well!

http://www.geocities.com/jleiwig/html/forsale.htm

DrSauekraut
02-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I agree . . . FMJ is very nice :2thumbs:

Most surprising is the depth and warmth it brings to metallics. I love it!

titsataki
02-08-2006, 04:32 PM
do you guys put it on by hand or by PC? I used it by hand via MF applicator and it went on no problem and pretty fast over PO85RD and VM.

Cheers

Nick

DrSauekraut
02-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Hand or PC works fine. I’ll use the PC when in the mood . . . naturally it varies :cool:

hirosh
02-08-2006, 05:38 PM
i also love FMJ. PO85RD + RMG + FMJ is my combo. and using OCW on top helps to retain the slickness for a while. :xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
02-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I`ve got some for sale as well!

http://www.geocities.com/jleiwig/html/forsale.htm

Any reason why?? :shocked

BigChevMan
02-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Any reason why?? :shocked

about 10 million to many products. The ball and chain wants me to thin them out. I`ve never even used it. I bought some with a friend and he got half and I got half.

imported_memnuts
02-09-2006, 03:14 PM
about 10 million to many products. The ball and chain wants me to thin them out. I`ve never even used it. I bought some with a friend and he got half and I got half.

I hear you. There are only so many LSP one can use. :hifive:

RazorIX
02-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Hmm this stuff sounds fantastic - does anyone know who actually manufactures FMJ and their website if possible?

I know its not Menzerna (Germany) as I`ve asked and they have stated it is a US only product that has nothing to do with them..?

Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated. :)

Mark

imported_SHICKS
02-10-2006, 03:21 PM
I am looking for a KSG replacement. I am not sure I am ready to go with Zaino yet.

How does FMJ compare to KSG?

Durability?

Ease of Use,

Shine?

Depth?

Thanks

SVR
02-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Great stuff. I just finished refining my car`s paint with UPC and Double choc moose on most panels, my own blend of polish and double choc on some others and took off the first coat of FMJ last night

Great stuff, durability and slickness are excellent

Thinking about 2 x UPP or WG and then a few coats of TOL pizzaz afterwards