PDA

View Full Version : carpet repair

maximv1
02-14-2005, 07:24 PM
this is a carpet repair i did on a used buick rendesvouz today. it was a cigarette burn mark near the drivers seat.i shaved some fabric from under the seat and put crazy glue into the brun hole and patted down the fabric. my sales manager loved it as it saved him about $70.00 for fibernew to repair it.

travisdecpn
02-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow, that looks really good, you can barely even see the spot anymore. I wonder how the glue will hold up over time though.

Secret Chimp
02-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Looks good. I am glad it worked so well for you.

But using superglue can be a messy ordeal when working with carpet fiber. Depending on the carpet type, the superglue will melt the carpet and create an even bigger problem than the one you were first trying to fix.

A safer way would be to get a roll of carpet tape from Home Depot. It`s the stuff that carpet installers use to join two pieces of carpet in your house so that it looks like a seamless wall-to-wall installation. It is pretty tough stuff that is more than up to the job of holding a patch in place.

SC~

stainbuster
02-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Looks good,

Try RTV Silicone instead of Krazy Glue. More flex and "feel". It`ll wear nice and hold up to temp changes.

Also, when applying the fibers, "cut" them in with a razor blade. Some people use a heat gun/hair dryer to expedite cure time. You can even spray a shot of SEM clear on top for durability.

Regards,

Mike R