PDA

View Full Version : Pearlcoat - need sealant

SamIam
02-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Now that I have a new car and don`t need to fix major issues, and am starting with a good finish, I want to maintain with as little harm as possible. Because the car is a pearlcoat, I am thinking sealants are the way to go, as I am looking more for reflectivity to bring out the metal flake.

I have used UPP, Glanz Wax, and SG. Right now, I am thinking I will use up the Glanz that I have, and maybe the little bit of SG left. I am also thinking I need some more Klasse AIO... but then I read about Jeff`s and wonder if that is the way to go.

Net is, should I look into replacing AIO and SG with Jeff`s? What is the difference in look and durability? I have no doubt that Jeff`s is easier to work with than SG. Is AIO better or worse than Jeff`s in durabilty?

My choices are:

1) Reinvest in Glanz and Mettalic. Bought a big can of pro Metallic thanks to Accumulator so I have a bunch of the 1Z products, but between my car and the Honda Mini-van, we can use it up pretty quickly.

2) Buy some more UPP, as I thought it looked pretty good on a silver metallic flake Lexus SC that I did. Blinding was an apt descriptioin. Use if over AIO as the base.

3) Invest in something new, like Jeff`s?

Comments are welcome. After years and years of black cars, I`m looking forward to an easier time with this Pearl color.

Sam