PDA

View Full Version : Hints for Dash

baker
02-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi all:

So I`ve got my Audi A3, weather too bad here in Nova Scotia to do much to the exterior except washing, but I ahve a question about the dash. The texture is rough, almost pebbled. Haven`t tried to clean it yet, don`t need it, but it doesn`t appear that a cloth would rub smoothly over it, much less spread a cleanre/ conditioner easily. Anyone come across a dash like this before or have any suggestions for cleaning?

scottabir
02-07-2006, 09:39 AM
I like to use foam wax pads to apply dressings evenly. If it ever gets stains the magic eraser works good. Have fun with your ride!

TGates
02-07-2006, 09:48 AM
I`d probably try to apply Natural Look with a terry cloth applicator pad, or a sponge.

Lowejackson
02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I use a dish washing foam pad to apply

JohnZ3MC
02-08-2006, 12:30 AM
When my black polishing pads are nearing their natural end, I`ll wash them well (x3) then retire them to pebbled dashboard cleaning. Einzett (1Z) makes a great vinyl cleaner, then I`ll finish with 303 Aerospace Protectant for a perfect but subdued matte finish with UV protection. Why a matte finish you ask? Easy, summer is coming and a matte finish looks classier and doesn`t show footprints as much as a glossy finish. (insert smile here)

-John C.

DrSauekraut
02-08-2006, 03:17 AM
Yes, I’m familiar with this type of dash texture. I use a MF with a dash of FK425 :)

imported_Neothin
02-08-2006, 07:43 AM
the tC has this same kind of textured dash. I also use 303 on a foam applicator pad. I can do large areas quickly and still do nooks and crannies with ease.

Rolla
02-08-2006, 07:53 AM
I had the same issue, but I did not want to deal with sponge, buffing etc etc etc... Soooooo I found Megs Quick Interior Detailer or whatever and that works perfect! And it does not leave it shiney! Leaves it looking new.