PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z2 Pro (no flames)

Pages : [1] 2

wannafbody
02-06-2006, 08:16 AM
I read over at detailersclub that the Z2 Pro is now a solvent based product instead of water based. This might explain why some are having it work over oily products like VM.

SilverLexus
02-06-2006, 08:18 AM
I`m not sure it is solvent based. What thread did you read that on?

Sal is very against oils...

wannafbody
02-06-2006, 08:21 AM
it was toward the end of the Z5 thread where they were talking about the new Z5Pro being tested.

SilverLexus
02-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Hmm...still having trouble finding it and I went 3 pages deep on "Product Corner" and "Exterior" sub-forums. Do you have a link or have the exact title/user name of thread?

chml17l
02-06-2006, 09:00 AM
See agentf1`s post here.

http://www.detailersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1869&page=3&highlight=z5pro

SilverLexus
02-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks. :)

stilez
02-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Solvents dont equal oils.

You shouldn`t use any Zaino over an oily product like VM if you want optimal results.

JeffM
02-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Im not too concerned what Z2p is made with, i trust Sal and his team.

imported_DennisH
02-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Here is your answer from Sal himself:

===========Qouted===========

Just to set the record straight...

Zaino Z-2, Z-3, Z-5 has no abrasives and the solvent content is less than 10%. It is also totally VOC compliant.

Most polish/wax based products have 20% to 30% solvent content..

Also... Every polish/wax made, contains solvents whether it is water based or solvent based..

Also... A product high in solvent will not layer...

So just because a product is water based, does not mean it is free of solvents.

Hope this helps.

========End Quote ==========

You can find the answer on this thread http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1300252&forum_id=10

Setec Astronomy
02-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Well, since we`re setting the record straight, the new VOC (CARB) regs require 15% max, so it`s unlikely that "most polish/wax based products have 20% to 30% solvent content" unless we`re talking about solvents that are not VOC`s.

imported_memnuts
02-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Well, since we`re setting the record straight, the new VOC (CARB) regs require 15% max, so it`s unlikely that "most polish/wax based products have 20% to 30% solvent content" unless we`re talking about solvents that are not VOC`s.

Until the California VOC compliance laws are made law in other states, most companies will not comply until forces too. Only then will we see who is "really" compliant.

Kudos to Sal for actually exceeding the max requirement by 33%. :bow

stilez
02-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Until the California VOC compliance laws are made law in other states, most companies will not comply until forces too. Only then will we see who is "really" compliant.

Kudos to Sal for actually exceeding the max requirement by 33%. :bow

Thank you. You said exactly what I was going to.

s2skimon
02-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Im not too concerned what Z2p is made with, i trust Sal and his team.

I agree 100 percent

SilverLexus
02-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Z2 Pro does have solvents in it, but I`m not sure this is a problem.

As it turns out, you can have water-based and solvent based chemicals in the same mix. I think what matters most is the quality of the formula and a large part of that is balancing to have strength in several areas of performance. :)

chml17l
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
There is no problem associated with solvents other than what is being required by the VOC laws as far as maximum allowable percentages.

A solvent is a liquid that dissolves a solid and keeps that solid in solution. Solvents (whether water, mineral spirits, petroleum distillates, etc.) are required in everything from shampoo to car wax. Specific solvents for waxes/sealants are chosen to not react with the dissolved compounds and will leave behind the dissolved solids when the solvents evaporate.

I think the intent of the orignal post was just to inform Z users that Z2 Pro has switched from being a water-based to a solvent-based product. Nothing more, nothing less.