PDA

View Full Version : Enhancing Marina Blue Paint

malibujim
02-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I`ve just ordered a PC 7424, and one of the first jobs I want to do is to polish my 67 Chevelle. It`s Marina Blue Dupont laquer with clearcoat, about 12 years old. The paint`s in excellant shape as the car`s covered in the garage 49 weeks out of the year. I`m just wondering what works good on a medium blue. I`ve used Mothers Reflections on it for a couple years, but want to try something different. Thinking about Menzerna Final Polish followed by a good carnuba wax. Anybody with experience with a blue car out there?

HomicidalSloth
02-06-2006, 01:06 AM
As far as polishing goes, I think polish is polish really, I wouldn`t really think one polish would work better than another on a specific color since all it is doing is leveling out the clear-coat to remove swirl marks and other imperfections. Not to say that all polishes are created equal, I just wouldn`t think the color would matter.

The wax, on the other hand, will look different on different colors. I`ve had good luck with blue paint using Meguiar`s NXT Tech wax or Poorboy`s World`s "Natty`s Blue" paste wax. :)

imported_Neothin
02-06-2006, 09:18 PM
menzerna`s FPII is a great choice for use with a PC. as for your LSP`s, I like to use a glaze topped with a carnauba wax on my dark blue car. rmg or vm topped with souveran or natty`s blue are my favorites.

3Dog
02-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Collinite 915 or FK 1000P would both be excellent choices.

A new combo of Prime/AJ/CJ would be great