PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys! I`m going to the store right now, help me choose some products!

card00d85
02-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I`m going to do a "cheap" detail today. By cheap, I mean I`m going to use store shelf products. For the exterior I am going to wash with Meguires gold class, then dry with a chaimos (sp), then clay with mothers clay bar, then wax with either meguires nxt or mothers carnuba (which is better?).

The questions I have are about the interior. Right now I have the armor all wipes, but I heard they are bad for your dash, so what could I buy that is good to clean the dash, etc.?

Thanks for all your help.

I have a 2000 toyota celica gt-s 6spd if any of you wanted to know.

kleraudio
02-05-2006, 03:16 PM
hey card,

Meguiars makes something for your interior. Cant think of the name off the top of my head but its Meg`s Gold Class interior something. They sell it at Walmart.

Works great and has a nice smell. I spray some on a terry applicator pad and apply that way. Nice satin finish, not super glossy, and protects from UV rays, etc....

Hope that helps

Jim

card00d85
02-05-2006, 03:17 PM
hey card,

Meguiars makes something for your interior. Cant think of the name off the top of my head but its Meg`s Gold Class interior something. They sell it at Walmart.

Works great and has a nice smell. I spray some on a terry applicator pad and apply that way. Nice satin finish, not super glossy, and protects from UV rays, etc....

Hope that helps

Jim

Thanks a bunch Jim. I`ll be sure to look for that when I go.

Sarcazmo
02-05-2006, 04:39 PM
See if you can`t get some Colorx.

imported_Bence
02-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Armor All is safe now. No need to worry. As for protection, get the Mothers Reflections line. You won`t find a better OTC line, and these products rival the best boutique brands.

imported_Neothin
02-05-2006, 09:00 PM
I`ve always like #26. It`s a nice OTC wax that has decent wetness, but really darkens the paint.

twitch
02-05-2006, 09:47 PM
See if you can`t get some Colorx.

+1 on the ColorX. I used it for the first time yesterday and achieved great results. It left a smooth finish and removed light scratches when used with the PC.

kleraudio
02-05-2006, 10:26 PM
#26 is my wax of choice! Its good stuff, you can get it at Pepboys, Autozone, etc... You should really check it out.

Jim

PadawanPrime
02-06-2006, 03:39 AM
If you have a Harley Davidson dealer nearby, they sell S100. :) Otherwise NXT or Mothers Reflection Car Wax should be fine on the cheap.

I use 303 on my interior, but it is OTC for me. :) I would stay away for Armour All, since you might pick up the old formula by mistake.

If you don`t have 303 locally, maybe just use either the Meguiar`s Interior product that kleraudio suggested, or Mothers Protectant.

Peace.

imported_Bence
02-06-2006, 05:24 AM
AA doesn`t make the old formula since ages.

PadawanPrime
02-06-2006, 06:18 AM
AA doesn`t make the old formula since ages.

Last I looked, they still sell tons of AA that say "original" protectant.

http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/images/2_2_product_1.jpg

If they advertise it as the "Original" Protectant, then where did you read about that "AA doesn`t make the old formula since ages". Please post a link to support your statement.

Peace.

imported_Bence
02-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Once you`ll get it...

SR77
02-06-2006, 09:13 AM
PadawanPrime,

Look at the top right corner of the Armor All bottle in the pic that you posted. It says "New & Improved". Armor All was changed to a water based dressing and is safe to use. They just use the term "Original" to market it as the original dressing product and not a new product specific kind. I use a ton of AA because it works just as good as most water based dressings and it is cheap and easily accessible.

PadawanPrime
02-06-2006, 07:27 PM
PadawanPrime,

Look at the top right corner of the Armor All bottle in the pic that you posted. It says "New & Improved". Armor All was changed to a water based dressing and is safe to use. They just use the term "Original" to market it as the original dressing product and not a new product specific kind. I use a ton of AA because it works just as good as most water based dressings and it is cheap and easily accessible.

Thanks for the reply!

Well, I missed the "new & improved", thanks for the 411. I guess I haven`t looked at a bottle of AA lately. My bad. :)

Then, by all means, go ahead and use AA. Ignore my earlier post about buying the "old" formula by mistake. As long as it says "new & improved" on the bottle as SR77 pointed out.

Personally, I`m afraid of "mixing" my 303 & AA, so I`ll keep using 303. :) But I used AA on my previous Honda, years ago, and it seemed to do a good job (despite the ghetto shine). :) Reading about AA on Autopia and other forums scared me into using 303. :lol But I have no regrets.

Peace.