PDA

View Full Version : Initial review/impressions of Griot`s Speed Shine

TGates
02-03-2006, 02:08 PM
This was the first product I had tried from the Griot`s line and I must say I was quite skeptical prior to useage. I only ordered the smaller 8 oz. size and it has a very fine mist spray pump type nozzle on it which is perfect for my application. I used it on the gas tank (okay it`s actually an airbox on my bike) on my Harley V-Rod. It had been polished with Menznerna, glazed with Meguiar`s #7, and topped with Souveran.

The Speed Shine had been sitting on my shelf for close to a week and I could clearly see that it had separated somewhat, with a whitish layer at the top of the liquid. After a brisk shake, the product was ````genated and what I assume was actually wax in the bottle was no longer visible.

I spritzed the air box cover with a couple of sprays of Speed Shine, and using a plush Sonus MF towel gently wiped the Speed Shine off. My first impression was, "Holy cow, this stuff is slick ." I mean, really slick. As slick, if not slicker than, UGE over UPP. I had never felt smoother paint. It`s hard to improve on glaze/Souveran on flat black, and as such, I couldn`t tell much of a difference (especially since I hadn`t had the bike out of the garage since wax application).

I don`t have any further analysis because I haven`t moved the bike since using the Speed Shine, but I plan on ordering the 35 oz. size and using it on my car to get an idea of whether or not there is an increase/change in beading after use.

So far, I`m really liking the Speed Shine and think it will be fantastic over a carnauba.

ZaneO
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Cool...that`s good to hear since it`s now local for me.

Did you order it from my place or online?

TGates
02-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Cool...that`s good to hear since it`s now local for me.

Did you order it from my place or online?

I ordered it online since I had a gift certificate to use up for Griot`s. When I order more (35 oz. speed shine, under carriage spray, sponges, etc. I`m gonna give your shop a call).

I think you`ll be pleased with the Speed Shine.

ZaneO
02-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Cool cool.

Let me know how things go with that shop.

2clean4u
02-04-2006, 02:20 PM
It about time griots gets some credit on this site. I have been using Griots speed shine for years on my cars, boats and jet ski`s. The stuff works great!

DuMouixe
02-04-2006, 05:00 PM
I just picked up the 35oz. I may try it out tomorrow with the CCD and Viking MF.