PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that was almost too easy!

Scottwax
01-31-2006, 09:23 PM
I did an exterior detail for a college student today at his parent`s house. As I was finishing, his dad pulled up in a really nice BMW 540 and came over to introduce himself. I then said "I guess it is about time to polish and wax the 5" and he said "good idea, when you can you come back out?". Scheduled it in for next Thursday. Kind of nice when a half-joking comment turns into a job.

:)

imported_Neothin
01-31-2006, 09:38 PM
hehe i`ve had something similar like that happen. After I finished up a friend`s dad`s expedition and i was showing it off to him, I jokingly said "so, the shop trucks are next right?" his reply was "ya, when can you do them?" that was 3 weeks or so ago and i`ve still got 1 van and 1 pickup left to do. 15 vehicles total plus the expedition. he even is giving me money to do maitenance washes on all the trucks and his personal vehicles every 2 weeks. I love it when jokes work out!

MichaelM
02-01-2006, 06:40 AM
My sister used to work in a cancer research lab studying prostate cancer. The lab was at an ivy-league school here on the east coast that would throw fundraiser/benefit dinners like most private schools. At one of these dinners and old rich man asks my sisters boss, the head Dr. of the lab, what it would take to be one of his patients as they were doing some ground breaking stuff. Jokingly, the Dr. said to the man, "a check for $100,000", the guy whipped out his checkbook and cut him a check. From then on the Dr. received $100,000 checks from new patients. :eek:

doged
02-01-2006, 08:06 AM
I did an exterior detail for a college student today at his parent`s house. As I was finishing, his dad pulled up in a really nice BMW 540 and came over to introduce himself. I then said "I guess it is about time to polish and wax the 5" and he said "good idea, when you can you come back out?". Scheduled it in for next Thursday. Kind of nice when a half-joking comment turns into a job. :)

Actually you asked for the business, then he closed himself. That’s sales!!!

livinlowkey
02-02-2006, 11:43 AM
I did an exterior detail for a college student today at his parent`s house. As I was finishing, his dad pulled up in a really nice BMW 540 and came over to introduce himself. I then said "I guess it is about time to polish and wax the 5" and he said "good idea, when you can you come back out?". Scheduled it in for next Thursday. Kind of nice when a half-joking comment turns into a job.

:)

Thats Great! That same thing kida of happened to me last night and again today. I was at my kick boxing class and one of the other men in there ended up being a Lt. for the local police. I told him what I did for a living and he gave me the contract to do 15 police cars twice a year at $80 per car. That defintely made my night. Then this morning I went to a clients house and did a complete detail on a 97 Mustang and another on his 2000 Chevy Silverado. Then he called his mother and friend and got me 3 more jobs out of it. So today was a really great day for me as well.