PDA

View Full Version : Sonus SwirlBusterâ„¢

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
January 31, 2006, San Diego, California – Autopia Car Care is pleased to announce a new breakthrough in paint care technology… Sonus SwirlBuster™.

Sonus has developed a revolutionary new system, SwirlBuster™, which quickly and easily eradicates swirl marks, holograms, and other fine surface marring from modern clearcoat finishes. In recent years, swirl mark removal from modern clearcoat finishes required the use of a rotary polisher, harsh abrasives, or hours of polishing using a dual-action (orbital) polisher. This is due to the hardness of new clearcoat finishes.

Sonus product developers solved the swirl removal problem in two ways, making swirl mark removal safe and easy using a dual-action machine, like the Porter Cable 7424 car polisher.

The first breakthrough is our Sonus SwirlBuster™ Foam Polishing Pad. The new pad fits all dual-action and rotary polishers with a 5” to 6” Velcro backing plate. The new pad use the same Swisstex “FOAMGLAZE” foam found in our DAS Orange Pad, only much thicker. In fact, the SwirlBuster Pad is 30% thicker! The additional thickness allows more pressure to be applied to the pad without “bottoming out” and creating dangerous hot spots.

The Sonus SwirlBuster™ Foam Polishing Pad also has a fresh new face. We cut grooves (“polish pockets”) into the face of the pad that allow the pad to be loaded with polish. The groves hold an incredible amount of polish and virtually eliminate splatter. This allows the polish to stay where it’s needed… under the polishing pad. Plus, you can polish longer without having to stop and reload your pad with polish.

The Sonus SwirlBuster™ Foam Polishing Pad acts like two pads in one. Under firm pressure, the pad acts like a medium cutting pad. With light pressure, the pad polishes out like a gloss enhancing polishing pad. You get the best of both in one pad!

The Second breakthrough is our Sonus SwirlBuster™ Clearcoat Polish. Based on our popular Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Polish technology, Sonus SwirlBuster™ Clearcoat Polish includes a heat-activated acrylic filler that fills remaining swirl marks and glazes the paint for an amazing final finish.

Unlike most polish “fillers”, which wash away after a single wash, the water based SONACRYL™ polymer is very durable. It will stand on its own as a last step product, and it makes a great foundation for all other last step products (waxes and sealants). Sonus SwirlBuster™ Clearcoat Polish contains no silicones and no oils. It is 100% body shop safe.

For best results, the Sonus SwirlBuster™ Pad and Polish are designed to be used as a system. However, we have tested both products with a variety of other polishes, pads and waxes. They are thoroughly compatible as mix-and-match components with your favorite products.

The Sonus SwirlBuster™ Foam Polish Pad will be available in limited quantities on February 3, 2006. List price is $14.95 per pad.

Sonus SwirlBuster™ Clearcoat Polish will be available on March 1, 2006. List price is $19.95 for a 16 oz. bottle.

DrSauekraut
01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
David – let’s see a picture of this new pad :lol

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 04:06 PM
http://autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16112&cat=500&ppuser=69&sl=d

Better pictures coming soon!

Only the orange pad is being produced (for now).

White95Max
01-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Interesting...

TortoiseAWD
01-31-2006, 04:52 PM
I`m really looking forward to giving the new polish a try. Long-lasting fillers that can be locked in with a sealant have been on my why-hasn`t-anyone-done-this-yet? list for quite a while . . .

Tort

Pats300zx
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Awesome David. Can`t wait to give these new products a try.... :xyxthumbs

sQuashed
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
So will the "swirlbuster" polish remove swirls and or hide them? I see the word eradicate,but is this temporary eradication or permanent ?

imported_truzoom
01-31-2006, 05:24 PM
IMO, the "Buster" part of the name kinda makes it seem like it actually removes swirls and not fills them in, but I can see that many pro detailers will benefit from this product as a 1-step.

wannafbody
01-31-2006, 06:01 PM
on a scale of 1 to 10 how aggressive would you say the SB polish is? How many PPI is the pad?

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 06:27 PM
So will the "swirlbuster" polish remove swirls and or hide them? I see the word eradicate,but is this temporary eradication or permanent ?

Both! As most of have experienced, removing severe swirls may take more than one polishing effort. That`s why some form of "filler" is in most swirl remover polish formulas.

All fillers are temporary. The difference with this product is that the filler is not an oil or a silicone, so it will not wash away in a single wash.

You can think of the SwirlBuster filler as a polymer sealant with good filling properties that gets burnished into the swirls with the heat of the pad. It is exceptionally easy to remove.

When you have polished a heavily swirled finish 2-3 times with this product, the filling capability will no longer be needed, because the swirls are truly gone. However, you will still see a nice benefit, as the final finish of the polish is darker than bare paint. The finish on black and red looks very wet.

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 06:29 PM
on a scale of 1 to 10 how aggressive would you say the SB polish is? How many PPI is the pad?

The polish is based on Sonus SFX-2 with the addition of the heat activated acrylic polymer resin.

Regarding the PPI of the pad, I will need to look on the Swisstex spec sheet. They only make the one orange foam.

twitch
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Great! I am looking forward to giving this system a try.

I`ve detailed 2 vehicles already since receiving my order of supplies and I like the SFX-2 and the SFX pads.

Are you going to have a sample bottle of the Clearcoat Polish to include free with the purchase of a pad for Autopia members? :D j/j

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Great! I am looking forward to giving this system a try.

I`ve detailed 2 vehicles already since receiving my order of supplies and I like the SFX-2 and the SFX pads.

Are you going to have a sample bottle of the Clearcoat Polish to include free with the purchase of a pad for Autopia members? :D j/j

I will look into making some sample bottles. I don`t have labels back from the printer yet, and the first batch of polish won`t hit the dock for 2-3 more weeks. I`d have to blend samples in the warehouse.

hOAGART
01-31-2006, 07:04 PM
same as the sonus padus before, but with grooves in them ?

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 07:28 PM
same as the sonus padus before, but with grooves in them ?

Good question... thank you.

The SwirlBuster Pad is different:

Swisstex orange foam

6.5" Diameter

1.75" thick

Flat back

Face grooves .25" depth by .25" width

Compression force 2 lbs per square inch