PDA

View Full Version : Welcome and Thank You

Pages : [1] 2

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the Autopia Car Care Support Forum!

If you have any questions about the products we offer on Autopia Car Care (http://autopia-carcare.com), this is the place to ask.

If you have a private question, for fast response, please email me at davidb@autopia-carcare.com.

If you have an order question, please email our order help desk at orders@theperfectshine.com.

Welcome, and thank you for your valued business!

David

wannafbody
01-31-2006, 06:00 PM
I think these forums are a great idea

Sherman8r44
01-31-2006, 06:43 PM
I think these forums are a great idea

+1 I agree

BobD
01-31-2006, 06:47 PM
+1 I agree

+2 I agree and thanks again David!

twitch
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
+2 I agree and thanks again David!

+3 Here! Wonderful idea.

I used Klasse AIO and SG this weekend but I am not certain that I applied it correctly. I know it is supposed to go on real thin but if someone can explain what should happen when done correctly that would be great.

For instance I did`t see any haze at all with either product. It is possible I did it too thin in fear of not wanting it to be too thick.

Whats the best applicator to use for the product? So far I`ve seen mentioned MF towel, MF sponge pad, cotton applicator, foam applicator etc...

I just want to be sure I get the process correct so I can get the best of what it offers.

Thanks for the help and the wonderful service you provide. It is appreciated more than you know!

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
I welcome all vendors to take advantage of this opportunity. I have made the support cost very attractive and fair to all. A better deal does not exist anywhere for open discussion with an enthusiastic crowd of detailing enthusiasts!

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 06:57 PM
+3 Here! Wonderful idea.

I used Klasse AIO and SG this weekend but I am not certain that I applied it correctly. I know it is supposed to go on real thin but if someone can explain what should happen when done correctly that would be great.

For instance I did`t see any haze at all with either product. It is possible I did it too thin in fear of not wanting it to be too thick.

Whats the best applicator to use for the product? So far I`ve seen mentioned MF towel, MF sponge pad, cotton applicator, foam applicator etc...

I just want to be sure I get the process correct so I can get the best of what it offers.

Thanks for the help and the wonderful service you provide. It is appreciated more than you know!

Scott, have you seen this: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-klasse.html?

twitch
01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Scott, have you seen this: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-klasse.html?

As a matter of fact I remember seeing this but I thought it was on the forum and searched here. I am going to read this AGAIN :)

Thanks!

-edit-

Ok read that again. I have a clear understanding now of using the AIO with the PC but I am still a bit foggy on the SG. The SG description didn`t go into detail regarding the application.

I used a 100% cotton terry cloth applicator for the SG. How much would you normally put on the applicator for the correct coverage?

Do I run the applicator across the surface lightly front the front to rear of the vehicle?

Will I see it when applied before removing it?

Hope you don`t mind the newbie questions. I just want to be able to understand exactly what happens so I can be knowledgeable when answering questions and working with the product.

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok read that again. I have a clear understanding now of using the AIO with the PC but I am still a bit foggy on the SG. The SG description didn`t go into detail regarding the application.

I used a 100% cotton terry cloth applicator for the SG. How much would you normally put on the applicator for the correct coverage?

Do I run the applicator across the surface lightly front the front to rear of the vehicle?

Will I see it when applied before removing it?

A terry cotton or MF applicator is fine. I use a dime size dab. A dime size dab is normally enough to cover a 3-4 square foot area. The best way to describe proper application is "whisper thin". You should see very little film when it is worked in properly.

Allow this whisper thin film to dry 20-30 minutes minimum. I recommend applying it to the whole car, then begin removing when you first started application. This normally allows enough dry time.

db

twitch
01-31-2006, 07:51 PM
A terry cotton or MF applicator is fine. I use a dime size dab. A dime size dab is normally enough to cover a 3-4 square foot area. The best way to describe proper application is "whisper thin". You should see very little film when it is worked in properly.

Allow this whisper thin film to dry 20-30 minutes minimum. I recommend applying it to the whole car, then begin removing when you first started application. This normally allows enough dry time.

db

Boy did I do the SG wrong but it`s ok because now I know.

Thanks David! :up

a.k.a. Patrick
01-31-2006, 08:22 PM
I welcome all vendors to take advantage of this opportunity. I have made the support cost very attractive and fair to all. A better deal does not exist anywhere for open discussion with an enthusiastic crowd of detailing enthusiasts!

David, ya lost me on this one..........or did I miss something, somewhere?

wannafbody
01-31-2006, 08:31 PM
maybe he was referring to members who sell products or manufacturers who view the forums

Bobby G
01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
David, ya lost me on this one..........or did I miss something, somewhere?

Patrick... I sent an email to you today. Hope you received it.

SamIam
03-10-2006, 10:48 AM
David,

I just got a 2006 Lexus that is actually 1 yr old. It has about 1,000 miles on it and the previous owner, my father-in-law, hasn`t done anything to it, though with the low miles, it is in good shape.

My question regards the coated leather interior. I`ve cleaned and conditioned with some 1Z leather treatment, but now need to invest in some additional product. My understanding is that Dr Tork & Leathermasters produces the Sonus product, which to my way of thinking, means its a great product. I want to make sure I don`t get creases in the black leather, and I am guessing I will get a quality product with Sonus. Will using the Sonus Leather Treatment at least monthly make a difference or would I be wasting product? Or, will I be doomed to seeing creases develop as my car ages?

Thanks,

Sam

Bobby G
03-22-2006, 09:39 AM
David,

I just got a 2006 Lexus that is actually 1 yr old. It has about 1,000 miles on it and the previous owner, my father-in-law, hasn`t done anything to it, though with the low miles, it is in good shape.

My question regards the coated leather interior. I`ve cleaned and conditioned with some 1Z leather treatment, but now need to invest in some additional product. My understanding is that Dr Tork & Leathermasters produces the Sonus product, which to my way of thinking, means its a great product. I want to make sure I don`t get creases in the black leather, and I am guessing I will get a quality product with Sonus. Will using the Sonus Leather Treatment at least monthly make a difference or would I be wasting product? Or, will I be doomed to seeing creases develop as my car ages?

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

Yes, our Sonus Leather Conditioner is a product designed by Dr. Tork and comes directly from Italy. The product is by far the best leather care I have discovered and does a good job getting though the vinyl coating/membrane on modern leathers. This is necessary to properly hydrate the leather. The many creams I tried made the finish look good, but were not absorbed through the micro perforations in the coating. As a result, they have no long-term benefit to thr leather.

It is very difficult to avoid creases in your leather. This "natural wear" has very little to do with the level of hydration; it is more a function of usage. I swap seats once a year in my cars to allow for even wear. This is not possible on all cars. In most cases, it requires some assembly (to keep the switches on the correct side of the seat.

I am also very careful getting in and out of my car. I do not slide against the side bolsters. Heavier/larger people will have a more difficult time keeping their leather looking "new" due to the additional compression their size applies to the foam and supports.

db