PDA

View Full Version : Floor paint

Big Al
01-30-2006, 02:08 PM
I`m sure this has been discussed here before but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for floor pain for my garage. I did the plastic test and there was moisture so epoxy is out. I really need to paint the floor but I want to make sure I use the best stuff. I park cars in there so it had to be durable. Any help would be appreciated.

zippymbr
01-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Is it a new pour? If you have waited 90 days and the moisture is gone from the concrete you should be good to go. H&C stains make some very durable stains and sealers that work great in garages and on driveways. You can find it at paint store like Sherwin Williams.

Big Al
01-30-2006, 03:02 PM
no its older. Thanks for the info.

GearHead_1
01-30-2006, 05:08 PM
If you have a moisture problem paint isn`t going to be your answer. None will survive. Sealers may be a temporary fix but they will fade. You might consider elevated tiles there are many brands to choose from (i.e. Race Deck). They are fairly expensive however.

Lou K
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
If you have a moisture problem paint isn`t going to be your answer. None will survive. Sealers may be a temporary fix but they will fade. You might consider elevated tiles there are many brands to choose from (i.e. Race Deck). They are fairly expensive however.

Try Moto Floor tiles from Costco. They are made by the same people who make race deck and at least 40% less.

BobD
01-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Hey Big Al,

If your floor is holding that much moisture get a dehumidifier going. Then I highly recommend a company out of Royal Oak Michigan called U-Coat-It http://www.ucoatit.com/ Their headquarters is right on Woodwards Ave.

mgm2003
01-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Big Al,

If your floor is holding that much moisture get a dehumidifier going. Then I highly recommend a company out of Royal Oak Michigan called U-Coat-It http://www.ucoatit.com/ Their headquarters is right on Woodwards Ave.

Ditto -It`s a very good product. I helped apply it to a friends garage 2 years ago, and it`s holding up like a champ. No hot tire lift, and moisture doesn`t bubble up the paint (like soooo many other concrete paints do). I have a kit at home and plan to apply it to my garage this spring. It`s expensive, but it`s also a good product. I had to chemically remove my old floor (Behr from Home Depot) and power wash it out and it was a HUGE PITA.

Big Al
01-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks! I appreciate the help.