PDA

View Full Version : 04 Vette Black Exterior Detail

Pages : [1] 2

topdawg516
02-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Hello All! Long time reader first time poster here. First off i would just like to say that i have learned basically all of what i know from detailcity. i really like this forum. everyone is just so nice and friendly. alright now to the car.
I did my neighbors 04 black vette yesturday. Here is what i did.

Wash
Clay
SSR 2.5,1 (had pretty bad swirls and such)
PP
Ex-p X1
Natty`s X2

Well please tell me what u guys think.

-Nick
Oh also everytime i try to upload a photo to my gallery i keep getting this error.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10240 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/detailcity.com/httpdocs/photopost/image-inc.php on line 81

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 43 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/detailcity.com/httpdocs/includes/functions.php on line 479

Any clue whats going on?

Exquisite
02-13-2005, 12:39 PM
It looks awesome. I especially like the palm tree reflection! :headbang

Poorboy
02-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Looks nice:) like the bumper reflection of the house across the street:bigups

GregCavi
02-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Looks Awesome. I wish i was were you are!! Minnesota SUcks! I look forward to seeing more work from you.

Greg

Craigster
02-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Fantastic Job...

Trying to figure out what makes me more jealous....

The weather....
The Detail...
The Car....

Or that you have all 3!

Just kidding. Looks great!

Poorboy
02-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Looks Awesome. I wish i was were you are!! Minnesota SUcks! I look forward to seeing more work from you.

Greg

yeah but just think how beautiful your lakes are during the summer:D

MattZ28
02-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Nice detail. Where are you located?

topdawg516
02-13-2005, 05:42 PM
hey everyone. thanks for all the replys. i am located in north florida. in the jacksonville area. yeah today and yesturday we have had pretty good weather. those pictures i took today but thankfully i also had good weather the day of the detail. also does anyone know what is going on with the gallery upload problem? and i would just like to thank you poorboy for your all of your wonderful products. really liek em alot.

-Nick

mike189
02-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Nick,

The car looks fantastic. Glad I saw these pics `cause I have something to shoot for. My father in-law has an `04 black Vette that is in pretty bad condition. I`ve been waiting to get a few less expensive cars under my belt with the PC before I started work on the Vette. His has some really bad swirl marks so it`ll be a challenge. Hope I can get close to doing as well as you did.

By the way, I was wondering what kind of pad you were using with the PB 2.5. I had some great results on a green mustang using PB 2.5 and a wool pad from CMA.

Car looks great. Your neighbor owes you a cold one...or two...or six!

Mike
New Orleans

91LSMAN
02-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Looks GREAT!!!!!! I`ve done a couple Vettes and I have to say that you did a very nice job!!!!!

topdawg516
02-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Mike, i use the sonus orange pad. I got the sonus pads a while back cause i heard some good things about them. I think they are ok. i like their green and blue pad but my orange one seems to rip easily around where the edge of the velcro. I think though that i am gonna try some of the dual action pads from autogeek. (since they are in Fl it is nice to pay ground shipping but get my stuff within a day :headbang ) I have a white pad that i use for my sealants and stuff that i really like.

Poorboy
02-13-2005, 08:11 PM
hey everyone. thanks for all the replys. i am located in north florida. in the jacksonville area. yeah today and yesturday we have had pretty good weather. those pictures i took today but thankfully i also had good weather the day of the detail. also does anyone know what is going on with the gallery upload problem? and i would just like to thank you poorboy for your all of your wonderful products. really like em a lot.

-Nick

Thanks Nick,

But I`m sure a lot has to do with your process too. :bigups As stated above your neighbor surely owes you for this one:)

steve

Driver0890
02-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Nice job...wanna say how long it took.

Rub it out
02-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Very nice work.

topdawg516
02-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Well i started at 10:00am and ended around 6:00-6:30. Can`t really say when i ended i was tired and jsut wanted some food and a drink.