PDA

View Full Version : EZ-ALL foam gun review

eyeguy
01-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I got my gun today and gave it a shot on my `06 Civic and came away somewhat impressed I guess. It came with 3 valves used for different water pressures and I guess they could be used for altering the amount of foam, but none worked for me. I yanked the valve out and it worked much better. I used maybe 2oz. of P21S for the 48oz. reservoir and it was plenty to cover the whole car. I`m not sure how thick the foam is supposed to be but it stayed on fairly well I guess. The little slip of paper that came with it listed 11 more tips not listed on the web site. I might give those a shot to see if the foam can be fine tuned. I might try a different soap too to see if it changes anything. I was going to post pics from gallery but couldn`t figure it out. You can go there to see the pics if you`d like. If someone can show me how, I`ll post them here as well.

imported_Neothin
01-28-2006, 09:07 PM
view your gallery, view the picture you want to post, right click it, copy the URL, and then use the paste url here tags.

were you just using the foam as a pre-rinse or were you shooting foam at the contact point between the mitt and the paint as you moved the mitt across the paint?

eyeguy
01-28-2006, 09:10 PM
OK, I`ll give it a shot. I just used it as a pre-rinse.

eyeguy
01-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I can`t make it work :furious:

imported_Neothin
01-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Not bad! Not as frothy I guess you would say as the gilmour and its knockoffs, but would still accomplish the task that you want it to do. The soap mixture seems to be more runny than the gilmour`s; I doubt the soap soltuion would stay on the panels as long. But hey, for what you paid, that`s damn good. Great find!

eyeguy
01-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks Neo, I`m gonna get the tips and " fine tune" the process a little. It stayed on the hood and trunk fairly well. My only let down is the leak from the washer and screen assembly on the gun. Other than that, I`m happy. No Weed-B-Gone in this thing.

Accumulator
01-29-2006, 10:15 AM
eyeguy1- Glad to hear it`s working out for you. These things take a little monkeying around with to get the hang of `em. The way it *really* seems to spray foam might make it great for the technique Neothin mentioned, where you spray between the mitt and the finish. You`d get a little wet though ;)

FWIW, I use a *much* weaker shampoo mix in my Gilmours. Maybe 4-5 oz/gallon of water. I fill a jug with that mix and fill the gun from it. And the gun further dilutes it.

eyeguy
01-29-2006, 10:35 AM
eyeguy1- Glad to hear it`s working out for you. These things take a little monkeying around with to get the hang of `em. The way it *really* seems to spray foam might make it great for the technique Neothin mentioned, where you spray between the mitt and the finish. You`d get a little wet though ;)

FWIW, I use a *much* weaker shampoo mix in my Gilmours. Maybe 4-5 oz/gallon of water. I fill a jug with that mix and fill the gun from it. And the gun further dilutes it.

When I put the soap in there I knew it was gonna start getting expensive with the amount I put in. Hopefully I can get the different valves to adjust the flow. It puts the soap out that`s for sure. I can easily do my car with 48 oz., but I want to use as little soap as needed to get the job done right. I know it`s gonna start to be a better deal using the SG gun with the extra soap I`m using, so we`ll see if the metering valves help. If not, I`ll be getting the SG gun.