PDA

View Full Version : How often do u wax, polish, and everything

Pages : [1] 2

frockc
01-28-2006, 08:12 PM
How often do u clay, paint clean, polish, and wax ??? Everything else but clean ur car and QD it.... What products are harmful to the paint if used to often as in removing to much paint over time... Also when u remove swirls u are basically taking off some of the clearcoat and is there a way to put that back or what??? Thanks for the help

01bluecls
01-28-2006, 08:20 PM
I clay about 2-3 times a year.

Paint Clean 3-4 times a year.

Polish about 2 times a year.

Wax every 2-3 weeks with a canuaba.

Sealant every 3-5 weeks a year.

The "products" that may harm your paint are polishes that contain heavy abrasives. and Yes when removing swirls you are essentially removing a very small amount of clear coat. Clear coat can only be added back from a repaint or a professional paint booth place that can add layers of clear coat (only recommended on fresh repaint.)

Hope this helps some

White95Max
01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Clay - once-twice per year.

Paint cleaner - 3-6 times/yr

Polish - twice/yr

Wax - at least once per month

imported_Neothin
01-28-2006, 10:05 PM
wash- weekly, 2-3x per week during pollen season

clay- 4x year

paint clean- 4x month

polish- 2x year

wax- biweekly

Miami_vice
01-28-2006, 10:09 PM
wash 1 every week

QD 3 time a week including rims/tires

Full detail which included clay, polish, glaze, sealant, wax, = 3X a year. :getdown

it is to addicting. But i ****ING hate the summer becasue it rain so much that i cant detail or let my paint cure after a sealant . :(

klnyc
01-28-2006, 10:09 PM
I do full detail 3 times ayear. I wax my car once a month. Wash 2x a month.

White95Max
01-28-2006, 10:40 PM
paint clean- 4x month

wax- biweekly

Huh? How does that work?

frockc
01-29-2006, 01:49 AM
So basically u do all those steps 3 or so times a year... Then like once a month when u were washing ur car then u`d wax it and those are the only two steps in ur process? So then anythning that is no abbrassive like polish and paint cleaners are techinically ok to do as much as u want???

shortspark
01-29-2006, 04:46 AM
Besides washing as needed, I polish in May and November (Klasse AIO) followed by three coats (24 hours apart) of Glaze protectant (Klasse SG). I have a billit silver colored truck. No wax and no claying. I QD often with a home brew of 3 parts distilled water/1 part Klasse SG. Total interior is done about once a month.

Wasatch
01-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Wash 2 times a month

Polish 2-3 times a year

Clay 1-2 times a year

Wax/Sealant every 4-6 weeks

QD every 2-3 days

imported_Neothin
01-29-2006, 08:25 AM

clay- 4x year

paint clean- 4x month

polish- 2x year

wax- biweekly

clay- 4x year

paint clean- 4x year*

polish- 2x year

wax- biweekly

sorry maxy :sign

Lowejackson
01-29-2006, 08:25 AM
If I ever perfect cleaning the paint I would not need to polish again

stilez
01-29-2006, 08:40 AM
I wrote this up for my Integra listing (selling it soon), so here it goes:

EVERY 4-6 DAYS

- Wash car with gentle car wash using 2 sheep skin mitts and 2 buckets (1 wash, 1 rinse) and dry with waffle weave microfiber drying towel

- Degrease wheel wells and tires, then dress with water-based dressing

- Pressure wash under carriage

- Gently clean wheels, then apply spray paint sealant (helps repel dust and road grime)

- Vacuum entire interior, dust out crevices and vents, and wipe down entire interior with Quick Detail Spray

- Mist Quick Detail Spray and wipe down all jams

- Lightly polish exhaust pipe

- Use Quick Detail Spray on entire exterior to enhance gloss, paint slickness, and durability against the elements

EVERY 3-4 WEEKS

- Clean interior leather, vinyl, rubber, and plastic with light cleaner

- Dress interior vinyl, rubber, and plastic with water-based dressing containing UVA/UVB inhibitors

- Condition leather using a dedicated automobile leather conditioner

- Clean and dress door seals and weather stripping

- Apply paint sealant/wax to door jams to insure high-gloss and guard against the elements

- Apply paint sealant/wax to entire exterior of vehicle

- Clean wiper blades with light cleaner, then dress with water based dressing (to insure optimal performance)

- Apply rain-repellent to all exterior glass

EVERY 3-4 MONTHS

- Clay bar procedure performed if needed

- Polish paint with machine polisher and a light polishing compound (to remove light swirl marks, marring, water spots, dull areas, etc)

- Apply 3 layers of paint sealant (Zaino) to insure maximum gloss and depth of shine, a slick paint surface, protection against the elements, and help repel contaminants

- Polish all interior and exterior glass; interior, apply spray sealant to minimize fogging; exterior, apply rain repellent

- Polish 3ft. rear section of exhaust

- Polish license plates and frames

- Polish wheels and apply wheel sealant to repel brake dust and other contaminants

- Polish jams and apply paint sealant

- Degrease under carriage of vehicle and apply dressing

- Degrease engine bay, apply dressing to all plastic and rubber pieces, polish and seal/wax all painted and polished surfaces

Intercooled
01-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Never really thought of polishing my license plate??! :p

Accumulator
01-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Never really thought of polishing my license plate..

Just remember to strip it off where the annual renewal sticker goes before putting on a new one (if your state has those). And put some rubber/silicon bumpers on the back of any flush-mounted plates to hold them up off the paint.

GSRstilez- Tha`s a really well thought-out schedule! And a very involved one :eek:

My regimen is pretty simple and I gotta admit I really don`t do anything unless it needs done. If I want to do something unnecessary I tidy up the Jag`s engine compartment/undercarriage or something like that. For the drivers:

I wash them when they`re dirty and I spot clay at every wash. I do the wheelwells/undercarriage/backs of wheels/etc. at every wash. I might wash twice in a week (pretty rare) or once in a month, just depends what the vehicle`s been through.

I reapply the LSPs (after a more thorough claying) when I notice some degradation in them (usually a decrease in slickness) or when I have the time/inclination.

I very rarely polish, no more than once a year (RIDS excepted) and usually not that frequently. I hardly ever use paint cleaners, letting the clay and the polishes do that work.